Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ashworth must be behind a lot of what on the surface appears to be belt tighnting.

Would really hope that a replacement is lined up and announced today . Surely something to surprise us or this is a backward step.

This is all starting to feel a but Hypia

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m not saying Potter will be a success or a failure. Nobody knows, or will know, until next year. However the current crop of players certainly have the potential to be good enough. When the shackles were off at Arsenal we looked like a new team. At our level the mental side makes up a huge part of the game, perhaps Potter can take of the shackles mentally better than Hughton could. This isn’t a dig at Hughton, just a view of his limitations. That’s not to say we don’t need to strengthen, you’ve always got to be dynamic and keep moving. I’m confident we will do that, however the changes to the timings of the window are clearly having a huge effect, to all clubs. Furthermore if the club (namely Potter and Ashworth) wish to elevate some of the youth, that can only be a good thing. There in lies our opportunity to improve as a club, by bringing in and developing young players, who are able to see a clear pathway to the first team.

We’re in the best position we’ve ever been as a club. Enjoy it.
The summer transfer window had the same timeframe last season. Are you talking about still adjusting from summer 2017 ?

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
We'll see. I'm not expecting more than a couple of points from our first ten games with our current set of players; and I remain of the view that Potter's coaching skills, however good they might be, are not going to turn our current set of players into world beaters.

We could be on the verge of winning the treble and you'd still find something to be negative about.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Solly March had the same assists as AK last season.

Not according to the official stats on the Premier League website. AK 6, SM 5. Not posting the link again as I've already done it three times.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd be really surprised if the decision was Potter's. I doubt he wanted to lose a player who has goals and assists to his name in the PL, and always, always puts a shift in when he's playing. Maybe he did, but my wild speculation is that this decision is outside Potter's control.

suspect this also. Is Potter a yes man. Surely he can't be happy with this.

Heard a few footballers opinions over the weekend and none of them thought this was a good move. Potter is a football man , surely this isn't a football decision

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Exactly, could be any number of reasons.

All I know is, for whatever reason, and despite being a stroppy so and so sometimes, we are losing a player that does contribute and can create and take chances.

I'm in the 'don't think it's the right move camp', but I guess it is a matter of trusting the club's decisions.

I'm in the 'not surprised' camp. I can honestly say my eyebrows weren't raised when reading the rumour.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not according to the official stats on the Premier League website. AK 6, SM 5. Not posting the link again as I've already done it three times.
Let's be honest here-6 assists from our 'best player' is pretty crap. March's 5 not great either.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Is no one of the opinion that Knockaert wants this, but rather the club fight Knockaert and rock the boat. The club authorises a loan which if we do feel like Knockaert still has something to offer, he can come back next season and if not, we can make a profit.

Furthermore, this could mean we're freeing up 45k a year for a year to bring in a loan from somewhere with high wages.

Just a thought. Too much doom and gloom on this thread.

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
suspect this also. Is Potter a yes man. Surely he can't be happy with this.

Heard a few footballers opinions over the weekend and none of them thought this was a good move. Potter is a football man , surely this isn't a football decision

Perhaps he is very happy with this. Being "on the inside", maybe he is well aware of plans afoot

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly, could be any number of reasons.

All I know is, for whatever reason, and despite being a stroppy so and so sometimes, we are losing a player that does contribute and can create and take chances.

I'm in the 'don't think it's the right move camp', but I guess it is a matter of trusting the club's decisions.

It seems like the club read our conversation from a couple of weeks ago and decided I was right. :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd be really surprised if the decision was Potter's. I doubt he wanted to lose a player who has goals and assists to his name in the PL, and always, always puts a shift in when he's playing. Maybe he did, but my wild speculation is that this decision is outside Potter's control.

I agree entirely.

Said it in other posts, but logically (although NSC would), no manager would make a decision based on 2-3 weeks pre-season training and 45 mins in a friendly (in which he created one goal) and looked ‘hungry’ throughout.

Videos do not tell the whole story, as you cannot pick up finer nuances such as positional play and movement.

I would be surprised if it was Potters decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This doesn't mean we can't stop chanting his chant, we'll just change

"We've got Knockaert" to "We've lost Knockaert".

I can see that being sung when we are struggling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here