Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Renewals

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I suppose I should know this, but in return for locking him/herself in for five years what benefits does an ordinary 1901 Club member have over, say, a STH in East Stand Upper? (ESU has a view of the pitch very similar to that in 1901land.)

1901 club members have higher backed seats, an arm rest as seats are slightly wider apart, and more leg room. You can also get a pint served in a proper glass quite quickly. If you sit in the West Stand you don't get the sun in your eyes as you would in the East Stand (unless you are at the back of the East Stand). There are better class toilets too in the 1901 areas - that's why they are called the "Gents" and "Ladies" rather than "Men" and "Women" as is the case in the rest of the stadium!

The main draw back is there is no hot food in my 1901 lounge other than pies and sausage rolls, but on the plus side you can get hold of them quickly and they rarely run out. The pub style food is not good value for money, and is luke warm when you get it if you are lucky. Coffee runs out at half time too so you have to be quick to get it.

Overall 1901 club seats are probably the best seats in the stadium and you can get a pint in a glass. Just about worth paying the premium price when compared to the next highest priced seats in West Lower. If the rumours are true about the price increase then I will renew. Will be interesting to find out if cup games are included in the price this time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1901 club members have higher backed seats, an arm rest as seats are slightly wider apart, and more leg room. You can also get a pint served in a proper glass quite quickly. If you sit in the West Stand you don't get the sun in your eyes as you would in the East Stand (unless you are at the back of the East Stand). There are better class toilets too in the 1901 areas - that's why they are called the "Gents" and "Ladies" rather than "Men" and "Women" as is the case in the rest of the stadium!

The main draw back is there is no hot food in my 1901 lounge other than pies and sausage rolls, but on the plus side you can get hold of them quickly and they rarely run out. The pub style food is not good value for money, and is luke warm when you get it if you are lucky. Coffee runs out at half time too so you have to be quick to get it.

Overall 1901 club seats are probably the best seats in the stadium and you can get a pint in a glass. Just about worth paying the premium price when compared to the next highest priced seats in West Lower. If the rumours are true about the price increase then I will renew. Will be interesting to find out if cup games are included in the price this time.

So to sum up...

- you get arm rests on your seat
- you get your pint in a glass
- you get to use toilets labelled 'Gents'
- the food is not good value for money
- the coffee runs out at half time

Bargain! :rolleyes:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1901 is good.

- You get your beer in glass not plastic.

- And you get a lift.

It is clearly worth the price, as many have bought the membership.

Not for me, though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So to sum up...

- you get arm rests on your seat
- you get your pint in a glass
- you get to use toilets labelled 'Gents'
- the food is not good value for money
- the coffee runs out at half time

Bargain! :rolleyes:

We do have all the above crosses to bear but for the first few seasons we had some pretty good Cup games at no additional charge and no hassle trying to secure a ticket :thumbsup:

I completely forgot the FREE parking too

Last edited:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
And a car park space, if you take in the free coffee, programme, free cup games and parking, not sure it's much more,expensive than a good west stand seat. The lack of half time coffee is annoying though, so the same level of Sodexo service exists in our lounge as well. Will I renew, not sure yet, hopefully, will wait till I see the deal.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If the rest of the ground was a lot worse than it is at present, then 1901 would seem a much better deal. As it is, the difference isn't all that, mainly because every other seat is so good.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I thought I understood that the renewals were going to give you the option of taking a one year or five year ticket with the 5 year fixed but an annual option which would likely increase each year.

Being over 70 now I'm a bit reluctant to commit for another 5, especially if there's an increase every year as well. I love the lounge I'm in and would be happy to renew annually, but 5 years again is maybe a bit much. I'll wait for the letter and check the details but if its as suggested I'm a bit disappointed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Being over 70 now I'm a bit reluctant to commit for another 5, especially if there's an increase every year as well. I love the lounge I'm in and would be happy to renew annually, but 5 years again is maybe a bit much. I'll wait for the letter and check the details but if its as suggested I'm a bit disappointed.

Just a thought but do over-60s (or in this case over-70s) in the 1901 qualify for a discounted price ST same as the rest of the stadium? Would have liked to think so. And would suggest that [MENTION=786]Mileoakman[/MENTION] might want to consider contacting the club directly, using much the same wording as per his NSC post. Club might be able to work out some kind of deal. They're generally pretty decent like that.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just a thought but do over-60s (or in this case over-70s) in the 1901 qualify for a discounted price ST same as the rest of the stadium? Would have liked to think so. And would suggest that [MENTION=786]Mileoakman[/MENTION] might want to consider contacting the club directly, using much the same wording as per his NSC post. Club might be able to work out some kind of deal. They're generally pretty decent like that.

There is no discount for over 65's or children. I think if you took a poll of the 1901 age groups there would be quite a large number in the OAP category so I suspect the club would lose quite a bit of revenue if they started offering discounts. A nice idea but not much chance as we've swallowed paying full price up to now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There is no discount for over 65's or children. I think if you took a poll of the 1901 age groups there would be quite a large number in the OAP category so I suspect the club would lose quite a bit of revenue if they started offering discounts. A nice idea but not much chance as we've swallowed paying full price up to now.

Sorry to hear that mate. Might still be worth asking the question (directly, to Paul Barber) though. Maybe not too late for a tweak of the 1901 Terms & Conditions.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
The Club did a survey of 1901 members' preferences for renewals earlier this year.

With my pension pot draining through the sand, and our age, it is simply not an option for my wife and I to renew for five years. I had hoped for a rolling one year option. If that is not on offer, I think we are off to the East Stand for half the price. Shame, because, with all its shortcomings, I really enjoy the BUPA Lounge and have made many friends there.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Sorry to hear that mate. Might still be worth asking the question (directly, to Paul Barber) though. Maybe not too late for a tweak of the 1901 Terms & Conditions.

Unlikely to happen...the west Lower middle does not have child price season tickets...Fair enough I say...everyone takes up a seat.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
But, but, but didn't everyone tell us the prices were going to double and the members seats would all be relocated to ESL to allow for all the corporate guests? The OP must be very much mistaken, and wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There are better class toilets too in the 1901 areas - that's why they are called the "Gents" and "Ladies" rather than "Men" and "Women" as is the case in the rest of the stadium!

Have a read back through that, and maybe ask yourself 'Do I come across as a pompous old corporate ****?'

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
These two could contradict each other given the anticipated hike general ST holders were expecting, had we made it to the promised land.

I'm not expecting a price HIKE as such. I will be watching 4 less games (£80 worth) so if prices were frozen that would still be a fairly large increase in cost per game. Maybe I'm going to be disappointed then...!?

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
Gold Lounges £85+vat per month with no mention of another premium.
Think all those who bought a lifetime membership might be a bit fed up though.

haggis

Aug 1, 2014
Gold Lounges £85+vat per month with no mention of another premium.
Think all those who bought a lifetime membership might be a bit fed up though.

We did pay for lifetime membership and I will be annoyed if the five year people do not have to pay a premium for the next five year licence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here