Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leicester are on a dreadful run of form, and when we turn up, we are invariably the perfect antidote. Seen it time and time again.

Against a team low on confidence we should be looking to start positively, press high and take the game to them, just like we did at West Ham. However, I think I know whats coming. Surrender the initiative in an attempt to stay solid, maybe have a go in the last 20 if we're hopefully no more than 1 down by then.

That 1-1 at the Amex still rankles, after being 1 up and playing for an hour against 10 men. They'll remember what a passive soft touch we were in that 2nd half. My money's on a standard 2-0 defeat. PLEASE let me be wrong.

This is my worry, we will set up not to concede and let Leicester come at us, this will get the crowd excited, we will sit deeper and deeper and end up conceding as Leicester confidence grows roared on by the crowd :down:

Vardy on fire and Schmeichel having a blinder when we do get chances.

Please feel free to bounce me later, love it if you would. Win tonight and we are staying up

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Time and again this squad comes good, just when you think they're about to hit rock bottom. Fingers crossed for tonight

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A message to the 3,300 travelling supporters tonight, our team needs you, now more than ever. Shout yourselves hoarse and get right behind the boys from the first whistle in what could be a season defining game.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
From someone who is normally pessimistic about our chances away from home, I am feeling quietly confident about this encounter..:albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not see today or Saturday as must win games for different reasons a defeat o day will still leave us clear of relegation and Huddersfield are so far behind that a defeat then would not be drastic. I would settle for a win at either or even 2 draws. The important games are at home Cardiff ,Southampton , Newcastle and away to Palace all are must not lose games with a win in any being a bonus especially Cardiff, that is the biggie.

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
I do not see today or Saturday as must win games for different reasons a defeat o day will still leave us clear of relegation and Huddersfield are so far behind that a defeat then would not be drastic. I would settle for a win at either or even 2 draws. The important games are at home Cardiff ,Southampton , Newcastle and away to Palace all are must not lose games with a win in any being a bonus especially Cardiff, that is the biggie.

Maybe I'm just retarded, but isn't a win anywhere worth 3 points? And presumably a home game against basically relegated Huddersfield must be about our best chance of picking up said win. Surely it is therefore the very definition of a must win?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Anything other than 3 points against Huddersfield would be mentally damaging for everybody, players and fans. Saturday is this seasons pivotal game IMO

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just getting ready to leave, feel as if I should be going to Grace Road rather than the King Power given warm weather currently

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is my worry, we will set up not to concede and let Leicester come at us, this will get the crowd excited, we will sit deeper and deeper and end up conceding as Leicester confidence grows roared on by the crowd :down:
Vardy on fire and Schmeichel having a blinder when we do get chances.
Precisely my fears too.

Win tonight and we are staying up
Lose tonight, and we're still staying up (just a lot more nervy and not quite so certain about it; but - we're expected to lose this one (I'm going for 4-0) and we'll still be ahead of the tracker).

Time and again this squad comes good, just when you think they're about to hit rock bottom.
That's the Leicester squad, I presume? Especially as they're playing against the go-to team for any club needing to end a disastrous run.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anything other than 3 points against Huddersfield would be mentally damaging for everybody, players and fans. Saturday is this seasons pivotal game IMO

You wouldn't have thought that would need explaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here