Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What are Dunk and Duffy's limitations?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
And in locadia they are training against the world's top forward right now too

I'm not sure CH would allow such a head-to-head confrontation to take place as someone's morale would be shattered beyond repair.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Who are the best pair, in the top 6?

There are a fair few individual performers who make D & D look League One at best, but who are the 'pairs'?

I'm pretty sure me and VVD would be a better pair, but if I was truly honest, I doubt I'd be contributing to 50% the pairing.

For me there's little to choose between Van Dijk and Gomez, Laporte and Stones, and the Spurs Belgian duo (and potentially Sanchez), but it's just a matter of opinion. Based on this season, it's probably Van Dijk and Gomez, just because they've kept the most clean sheets but ability wise there's little to choose between the three teams' CB pairings.

And it really isn't a knock on Dunk or Duffy who are a fantastic pair for our level of club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me there's little to choose between Van Dijk and Gomez, Laporte and Stones, and the Spurs Belgian duo (and potentially Sanchez), but it's just a matter of opinion. Based on this season, it's probably Van Dijk and Gomez, just because they've kept the most clean sheets but ability wise there's little to choose between the three teams' CB pairings.

And it really isn't a knock on Dunk or Duffy who are a fantastic pair for our level of club.

Fair do's.

I'm guessing my reaction was similar to [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION]'s with your reference to 'top 6'.
As in my opinion 2 of those teams would bite the Albion's hand off if D & D were offered.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I sit in the East Upper, where we get a really good view, and the general opinion up there is that they're shit. Also, I was speaking to my neighbour's cat, who sits in the west stand's middle tier, and they see it the same.

AGAIN........................................Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it's right, left OR WRONG.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it's right, left OR WRONG.

You're missing a fine 'joke' and one esp poignant at this time of year. (Transfer window)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Dunk - prone to concentration lapses and not great at accelerating. Sometimes also can be a bit weak going into 50/50s/tackles.

Duffy - not great on the ball

But as for walking up to and shoving over an oppo with his hands during dead ball time..................Duffy is brilliant!!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I sit in the East Upper, where we get a really good view, and the general opinion up there is that they're shit. Also, I was speaking to my neighbour's cat, who sits in the west stand's middle tier, and they see it the same.

Your neighbour's cat turns up 10 mins late, leaves at 40mins, back at 55 and is on the train home at 85mins. Knows f**k all. JCL.

I guess the only way to know 100% would be to put a for sale sign on them..BOGOF deal..like newborn puppies can't be split and see if any top teams bid for them..

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Fair do's.

I'm guessing my reaction was similar to [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION]'s with your reference to 'top 6'.
As in my opinion 2 of those teams would bite the Albion's hand off if D & D were offered.

I'd agree with that. Well, Arsenal surely would. Man Utd possibly, although it'll be interesting to see what happens when they're not being coached by Mourinho... Chelsea I think have better at this stage though, personally.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Except that Lawrenson was already at Liverpool by then. It was Foster and Gatting that day.

Apologies if i implied that Lawrenson was playing that day. I did not intend to imply that and i was only mentioning that particular game as an example of when Foster had a great game. I shoild have made myself clearer and I stand corrected.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
A second season in the prem by the looks of it. What has happened to these two? Dunk in particular.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They really have hit rock bottom this season but I have never been convinced by the pairing. I was saying last season, after the Bournemouth away game last season. They’re okay against big strikers but not good enough when facing small nippy strikers. When facing such opponents they literally both end on their arses most of the time. They’re both a bit too “John Terry” in style , we need someone who can deal with other types of front man. I’d let Duffy go and get someone else in. Hopefully Dunk will regain his form and also cut out that blind-side turn back pass thing which always gives me a worry.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They have been battered and bruised all season by CH’s great defensive strategy that crucifies defenders through overwork. Their end of season rest is here already. Recent games have seen them lack concentration to the extent that they are both going for the same ball, leaving other players unmarked. They are just battle weary and can’t really be enjoying their football. In this system they have no chance of developing into top class centre backs, which is a shame because Dunk, at least, had the potential.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here