Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As are your WTO posts :p

Any update from Dr. Fox about getting our tariff schedules approved ahead of a no deal? Should be easy, that's how we trade currently, just a cut and paste surely, isn't it?

That side, unlike the EU I'm sure its all very democratic if someone causes us problems and blocks us...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any update from Dr. Fox about getting our tariff schedules approved ahead of a no deal? Should be easy, that's how we trade currently, just a cut and paste surely, isn't it?

That side, unlike the EU I'm sure its all very democratic if someone causes us problems and blocks us...

No idea - why don't you go and ask Dr Fox ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As are your WTO posts :p

Tedious I will give you :thumbsup:

But apparently, informative when it comes to WTO negotiations, schedules and quotas, default tariffs, dispute settlement, Appelatte Body Members, objections, timescales etc (I'm starting to bore myself now)

*edit*

No idea - why don't you go and ask Dr Fox ?

Just trying to inform and educate :shrug:

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Of course there are many ethical frameworks which could be adduced. I think Melia leans towards a deontological (duty-based) one - but this is tricky to argue (duty to electorate? party? country? the as yet unborn?) On utilitarian grounds it could be in the interests of a given constituency to leave the EU (eg for the sake of argument, a fishing one) but against the greater good. There would be an ethical dilemma for the MP in such a case. But the utilitarian would advise he or she supported remain if this delivered a greater happiness to the greater number - which is of course arguable in itself. I'm pleased to see how the level of debate has been elevated by Melia but fear that is doesn't really resolve much.

Good, interesting synopsis; thank you

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Tedious I will give you :thumbsup:

But apparently, informative when it comes to WTO negotiations, schedules and quotas, default tariffs, dispute settlement, Appelatte Body Members, objections, timescales etc (I'm starting to bore myself now)

:yawn:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh dear,how sad,never mind.You are very free with the abuse.Strange you haven't called me a nazi-have you lot been told to stop using fascist?If you are as intelligent as you appear to think you are,you will know Interpol would be on the case in no seconds nothing.How would they get to Portugal?On the Windrush?Clown.

I haven't called you a Nazi because you're not a Nazi. What exactly is "strange" about that?

I have called you an absolute f**king tosser though, and that's because you behave like one. To see this, let's just rewind to a couple of posts back. Somebody announced that criminals would be able to escape abroad because access to the pan-Europe criminal database would be restricted. Rather than debate the issue sensibly, you responded with "Good, as long as they don't come back".

That's what makes you a tosser. Maybe you'd have reacted somewhat less thoughtlessly and bothered to engage your brain if a female relative of YOURS was the victim of a serial rapist, who under the current proposals might well then find it a lot easier to escape justice.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
All the EU countries are members of interpol, along with 167 other countries around the world that are not members of Europol.

No point in doubling down, money saved there straight away.

167 countries including Brazil since 1986, who would not extradite escaped convict Ronnie Biggs. Spain have been members as long as we have, since 1956, yet it didn't seem to help any in getting hold of those who had escaped to the Costa del Sol, until we got the European Arrest Warrant. One of the failed London bombers of 2005 was returned to the UK under a European Arrest Warrant, in about 2 months. It took France 10 years to get a suspect for the Paris Metro bombings in 1995 extradited from the UK.
Think of the money saved by not having to spend 10 years in some other nations legal system to get your hands on a suspected terrorist.

Jan 30, 2008
Never mind about that...'the people have spoken', 'just get on with it', 'we're taking back control', 'Believe in Great Britain', 'fake news', 'project fear', 'we've had enough of experts', 'we're on our way' 'you lost, get over it'.... and to borrow from the Trump story 'these are alternative facts'.

Have I missed any of the usual worn out slogans?
yes..... have a cap :dunce:
regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Come on guys, we have done this to death now.
No economic argument for Brexit bears scrutiny
No Sovereignty argument for Brexit bears scrutiny.
No security argument for Brexit bears scrutiny.
And more over, the more you try to have a Brexit that strengthens us in one of these areas, the more it weakens another area,

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
you're old news after 100+ posts never mind
regards
DR

There is no way 'fanseagull' hasn't had a previous account ...... it's just he/she is too shy to admit who they were previously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here