Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Christmas comedy - this board is my last hope

I liked that the first twice I watched it, but my sister in law has it on dvd, so every other year we have to watch it. It wears a bit thin after the sixth or seventh time.
Those who watch Macintyre tonight, would have heard Glen Murray get a mention.
I had fled to the kitchen to load the dishwasher (that was preferable to Mr. Mc) - daughter did tell me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In what way? - was he mocking him, or was he actually funny in some way or other?

He was mocking Chris Kamara, with a Send to All text, and then reading out some of the replies later in the show. It's mildly amusing.
Glenn was one of those who replied.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We rounded of the evening playing cards. Black Maria. I hadn't played it for 40 years. I taught Mrs T and my son to play and beat them. First time I have ever won a game of Black Maria. I did a triple fist pump celebration.

If we beat the Arse today I'll make this part of my pre-match evening before ritual.

We didn't have the telly on at all yesterday, apart from a bit of Attenborough (David) while digesting our massive indulgence. :whisky::xmas:

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Any of the 'Phoenix Nights' episodes. One of my favourites would be the drunken horse episode or failing that the bouncy castle with the 'cock and balls' line

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

For anyone who understands the circumstances the judge sketch is one of the best I've seen.

Tommy Cooper legend. Frequently irritate younger Pottings when they come to me with a minor ailment with his "...does it hurt when you do that, don't do it then" routine.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thanks chaps - never heard of it prior to this thread but am intrigued and will seek it out.

I think it's into its third season now. Worth watching from the beginning, for the running gags, but it has raised its game in the most recent series. More than just a comedy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here