Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Player Ratings vs Derby ***

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Button 5 As good a first touch as anybody but passing poor
Dunk 8 very good
Bunn 6 Cost goal with not feeling could use right foot to clear.
Bernardo 6 ok
Stevens 6 I just dont appreciate what he does
Kayal 6 ok and prefer to Stevens
Bissouma 6 Very hard to score as for two thirds of game 9/10 and outstanding but for other third 2/10 with so many errors. Great to watch though
Knockhaert 7 Good game and very good game
Locadia Has deserved a goal and bettter at todays role then out wide.
AllyJ 6 Sure will get better and would be interested to know his best positione
Gyokeres I bet he cant believe how many chances he has had in little time he has played and will be very dissapointed hasnt put any away

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I stand to be corrected but watched it on BBC and stopped at as it was being crossed and am sure it shows as No 9 but I could be wrong in which case I apologise.

You are wrong, no could be about it. The screenshot I posted clearly shows Locadia in front of Knockaert as he takes the shot. Here's another one from the build up that shows the number 8 shirt (I'm not even sure how you can get Locadia and Bissouma mixed up as they are two completely different builds).

Screenshot_20190216_204947_com.android.chrome.jpg

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Don't know why Ali J is being rated so poorly. Yes, overall his touches can be better, but he was instrumental in the first goal, he almost had an assist if gyokeres had taken advantage of his 1v1, and he would have been through on goal if knocky hadn't selfishly taken a bad shot and instead passed to his wide open teammate.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I see that no 8 now so yes I am wrong.

I’d say that Bissouma created the 2nd goal too because ‘creating’ a goal is not an exact synonym for assisting, it’s broader than that. It’s about creating the opportunity to score.

My example would be a goal keeper arsing about in the box and getting tackled by an opposition player who scores. I think you could rightly say that the goal keeper created that goal but it would sound odd to declare that he assisted it.

If the poster you’d replied too had stated ‘assist’ you’d have been right in my opinion.

Semantics really.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Button 5 As good a first touch as anybody but passing poor
Dunk 8 very good
Bunn 6 Cost goal with not feeling could use right foot to clear.
Bernardo 6 ok
Stevens 6 I just dont appreciate what he does
Kayal 6 ok and prefer to Stevens
Bissouma 6 Very hard to score as for two thirds of game 9/10 and outstanding but for other third 2/10 with so many errors. Great to watch though
Knockhaert 7 Good game and very good game
Locadia Has deserved a goal and bettter at todays role then out wide.
AllyJ 6 Sure will get better and would be interested to know his best positione
Gyokeres I bet he cant believe how many chances he has had in little time he has played and will be very dissapointed hasnt put any away

Dunk??

Sorry he didnt create either. The first came from a pass from Bruno to Locadia out wide and a cross into Knockaert and the 2nd a shot by Bissouma that hit the post and was down to Locadias positioning and awareness in front of goal.

Yes but it was a briliant curling shot that hit the post and bounced inwards meaning it was less than an inch away - give the boy some credit.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
People are blaming their goal on Burn's poor clearance but I would question Bruno behind him.
Bruno seemed to be ball watching which left Cole completely unmarked in the box for a clear header on goal.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Button 5.5 nearly cost us the game with the dropped cross
Bruno 6.5 thought he played very well and that little touch in first half was worth the gate money by itself
Bernardo 6 steady, not back to where he was but no issues with his play
Duffy 8 excellent game wish he had continued with his run
Burn 6.5 looking very good on the whole but made a mistake for the goal
Stephens 6 steady
Kayal 6.5 seems to be underrated by many but puts a lot of energy/drive into the side
Bissouma 9 MOTM best player by a country mile , frustrating ?? someone's havinga laugh i think
Knockeart 8 very good performance and took his chance well
Ali J 4 poo and out of his depth
Locadia 6 scored and worked better than he has but I remain unconvinced that he is the future

Gross 6
Gyorkes 5 sadly at this point not taking the opportunities he has had

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't know why Ali J is being rated so poorly. Yes, overall his touches can be better, but he was instrumental in the first goal, he almost had an assist if gyokeres had taken advantage of his 1v1, and he would have been through on goal if knocky hadn't selfishly taken a bad shot and instead passed to his wide open teammate.

Instrumental is strong, but good pass.

Poor pass to Gyokores forced him wide.

Offside if Knockaert had passed to him, so Knocky did the right thing.

He rarely tracked his player, decision making was poor and if he is to succeed at this level, will need up his all round performance.

I think he’ll take this season to ‘bed in’ and hopefully be better next season....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Button 6
Bruno 6
Bernardo 7
Duffy 7
Burn 7
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Bissouma 8.5
Kayal 7
AJ 7
Locadia 7

Gyokores 5
Gross 6

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think he’ll take this season to ‘bed in’ and hopefully be better next season....

I agree looking at his performances for his previous club.

His first season at AK Alkmaar was very average indeed (3 goals in games that were big wins). His second season was very encouraging as he netted 10 times and then he was top scorer in the Eredivisie last season with 21 beating the like of the highly rated Lozano & De Jong.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Agree with general ratings.I try really hard, but still not convinced by Locadia or AL J. Not sure what has happened to Gross this season either...

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Button 5 - didn't have a lot to do until the last 10 minutes., and then didn't do it very well
Bruno 6 - dashes of flair, but too little else.
Bernardo 6 - coped ok.
Duffy 7 - got in amongst it and looked strong. FLDs stroke force not strong enough to bully him.
Burn 6 - strong, but a crucial error cost us.
Knockaert 7 - looked sharp. Great goal.
Stephens 8 - thou shall not pass!
Bissouma 7.5 - couple of charging runs but no end product
Kayal 6.5 - did ok. Not memorable
AJ 6- failed to inspire
Locadia 6 - provided no real threat.

Gyokores 5 - could have put our nerves to rest. Didn't.
Gross 6 - did little apart from fall over like a dweeb and claimed a penalty for it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Everyone good

Yves B and AK, good ..... with an extra dusting of excitement.
Dale and Shane, good .... with an extra dusting of '**** off'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here