Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We have a great squad....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
New rules for yellow cards mean they only apply in the competition they are picked up in. Bissouma got his second yellow in this seasons fa cup which is a ban, however I believe yellows are wiped at the QF stage so he should be avaliable.

Edit it may be after the QF that yellows are wiped so he could still be banned. Means that it's impossible for a player to miss the final through yellow cards.

Can’t find anything relating to them being wiped at QF stage, but does state details will be released separately.....

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We do in the main.

Jury very much out on AJ for me, don’t rate Button (but didn’t let us down when it really mattered), Burn is okay cover.

Locadia did well today for me, but just think he needs to do a little more..... Hope he is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Odd how some just hate Locadia. Thought he did well today along with Biss who was mom

Yep decent enough I thought, not wow factor, but actually did as well as Andone might have done. Gutted to see him go off injured as I feel that is a real blow to the squad.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks - but I think that means he will be suspended for the QF.........aim of the cutoff is so players don’t miss the final (ie if you get a second yellow in the QF, you miss the semi) ?

I think it means that yellows are wiped after the QF, so he will be banned, but it's not been made very clear at all when exactly they are wiped and what happens to a player picking up a second yellow at the QF stage do they miss the semi or not. Seems as though the whole rule has been set up just to ensure no one misses the final for two yellows.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
...and that’s good but also a wee bit of a problem.

Matt Le Tiss was a bit scathing about our team selection on Sky but the team we put out was hardly a reserve side. IMO Bissouma and Bernardo should be playing every week and Knocky continues to look great when he comes in. We do have an issue up front if Muzza really is injured but having two strikers injured and one banned is a little unlucky.

I also think you could have swapped Ali J and Solly at any point today without any discernible effect on the team.

And that’s why we do well in the cup and struggle in the league.

We have no game to raise, no plan B, no impact player. Just a squad where any one player can easily be interchanged with another.

Great result today and really looking forward to the 6th round. But all the time we have a team ethic and two players for each position I can see our seasons being almost identical. I’m happy with it. Are you?

I'm very happy with it, because thats what we desperately needed in the summer. Last season we had no strength in depth if we'd suffered injuries. This year we are coping with far more players suffering injuries or bans. Thats progress.

This summer I expect a few impact players to join.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm very happy with it, because thats what we desperately needed in the summer. Last season we had no strength in depth if we'd suffered injuries. This year we are coping with far more players suffering injuries or bans. Thats progress.

This summer I expect a few impact players to join.

Hopefully your correct.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Matt Le Tiss was a bit scathing about our team selection on Sky but the team we put out was hardly a reserve side. IMO Bissouma and Bernardo should be playing every week and Knocky continues to look great when he comes in. We do have an issue up front if Muzza really is injured but having two strikers injured and one banned is a little unlucky.

I also think you could have swapped Ali J and Solly at any point today without any discernible effect on the team.

We have no game to raise, no plan B, no impact player. Just a squad where any one player can easily be interchanged with another.

Great result today and really looking forward to the 6th round. But all the time we have a team ethic and two players for each position I can see our seasons being almost identical. I’m happy with it. Are you?

Not if we get relegated...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Who was he suggesting should have played? Matt Le won nothing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Pissed that Derby beat Saints in the last round and probably thought we’d need a full strength team against them to have a chance. Great footballer, dull and clueless pundit

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

c07651235403534148dfeee9216e1b24.jpg

Given injuries, suspension and sickness it was probably only Montoya, Dunk and Ryan away from being full strength. That is if you agree with me that Solly & Ali J would have been totally interchangeable today (Sol does defend better in the PL).

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Fair enough, there is no correct opinion. I think the team is set up to play with Murray as CF, once they adjust to the fact that Locadia is different we may see him at his best.

Very true, but you'd think that training and coaching sessions might have solved that by now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
c07651235403534148dfeee9216e1b24.jpg

Given injuries, suspension and sickness it was probably only Montoya, Dunk and Ryan away from being full strength. That is if you agree with me that Solly & Ali J would have been totally interchangeable today (Sol does defend better in the PL).

Cheers ..backs up that he really knows little

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here