Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well he won’t be the first name down for the quarter final because that silly booking , he could have avoided it, means he’s now suspended.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Still raw but looks to have so much potential he could be the best player we have ever had in a couple of years.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Instead of whom though? If we want to pick him based on todays game, and why not, he was great, then we also have to pick Stephens who showed exactly why everyone likes playing with him. Propper has had a very good spell of games so I wouldn't drop him either, so I guess its Gross but that feels risky.

Bissouma will be great but I trust CH to bring him through at the right pace

Knocky is really the one who should have forced himself back into the first team from today's performance

Instead of Gross or Stephens. It doesn’t matter which one, he’s comfortably better than both of them in their respective positions.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Stephens played well today, but I thought he was awful against Burnley, and I have been losing patience with him recently.

Bissouma HAS to play. So does Propper.

I'd have Stephens on the bench and probably pick Gross ahead of Kayal, but that's marginal on current form.

Instead of Gross or Stephens. It doesn’t matter which one, he’s comfortably better than both of them in their respective positions.

Ok, I really like Bissouma. I'll say it again though, if you want to pick Bissouma based on today, Stephens was perfect today.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
He is excellent, but, he does make a number of basic mistakes (he hasn’t today). Can get out of position quite easily. It’s the reason he’s not playing every week. He would probably benefit from a change in formation back to 4-4-1-1 and playing in the Gross role behind Murray.

I do agree though he is our most talented player by some distance and could easily be playing for a top 6 side in a couple of years. He’s been brought along bit by bit which will benefit him in the long run. Days like today help.
If players were not selected due to losing the ball in dangerous places, we wouldn't have a team. When he went off today we lost our midfield momentum. Personally I would rather see him in the, starting 11

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Bissouma brings flair, and oozes ability. His confidence is also his undoing though. It’s great to see positivity but he blazes an awful lot of shots wide. For me, Propper is our most complete midfielder. Stephens is our best defensively and offers more stability. He’s behind those two in the pecking order for that reason IMO.

There is an argument to drop the out of form Groß for him, but an inform Groß is our best player - as last season proves.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
He loses possession through poor decision making more than any other player.

Benching Stephens for him for the rest of the season would see us relegated in my opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With that adventure, comes losing the ball too frequently. Being carefree on the ball puts the team in dangerous situations defensively, it puts the back 4 under pressure.

So does playing with no pace or aggression up-front, passing sideways and back until the ball comes back to the back 4. Our back 4 has been under plenty of pressure this season playing behind no adventure at all, when all the other team, apart from the GK, have time and space to come up and play in our half of the pitch because they have no threat to deal with!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well he won’t be the first name down for the quarter final because that silly booking , he could have avoided it, means he’s now suspended.

He's out for the next round unfortunately after a silly late booking.

Don't bookings in the FA Cup count in all competitions then? Is he only banned for FA Cup matches, and not for the League?

......and if so, how many yellows do you have to get in the FA Cup to get a ban?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ok, I really like Bissouma. I'll say it again though, if you want to pick Bissouma based on today, Stephens was perfect today.

I get what you're saying, and yes, Stephens played well today.

But it's not just on today's performance that people (well me, anyway) are judging Bissouma. When he plays, we look better; faster going forward and much more likely to score.

By the same standards of assessment, I will not judge Stephens on today's performance alone, and he has been well below his normal standard recently.

So, out with the old, in with the new.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
So does playing with no pace or aggression up-front, passing sideways and back until the ball comes back to the back 4. Our back 4 has been under plenty of pressure this season playing behind no adventure at all, when all the other team, apart from the GK, have time and space to come up and play in our half of the pitch because they have no threat to deal with!

How has this worked for Fullham? Not very well. When they started the season with an aggressive attacking approach they conceded goals for fun.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I get what you're saying, and yes, Stephens played well today.

But it's not just on today's performance that people (well me, anyway) are judging Bissouma. When he plays, we look better; faster going forward and much more likely to score.

By the same standards of assessment, I will not judge Stephens on today's performance alone, and he has been well below his normal standard recently.

So, out with the old, in with the new.
Agree. Stephens poor in Burnley and Fulham games. Injures himself before the Watford game and we dominate (both halves).

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They didn't have Dunk'n'Duffy, Ryan, plus Bruno, Montoya, Bong or Bernardo. Nor did they have CH's defensive coaching skill.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How has this worked for Fullham? Not very well. When they started the season with an aggressive attacking approach they conceded goals for fun.

Nobody's suggesting that we do a complete 180 degree turn around, but we need to be able to score some goals if we are going to stay up.This looks more likely with Bissouma (and Knockaert) in the team.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He’s obviously very talented, has a lot of technical ability and is very adventurous on the ball. Fans will obviously like him, his bravery on the ball, his confidence to take on player after player is great to watch. I do rate him, he clearly has so much potential to be an incredible player. However...defensively he is not disciplined. Tearing apart Derby, but that is far more difficult to achieve in the top flight and, more significantly, you are punished far more often in the PL. With that adventure, comes losing the ball too frequently. Being carefree on the ball puts the team in dangerous situations defensively, it puts the back 4 under pressure. He has a role to play in the team, but until he improves the defensive side of his game, just tweaks his approach and shows he can fit into a bottom half Premier League team, I can understand why he is left out of the midfield. I still believe he has the potential to be one of the best players to ever play for the Albion.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here