Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good or Bad Thing?

el punal

After the last two weeks of football misery (apart from the cup win at West Brom) we don’t play another League fixture for another 16 days. In that time rival clubs could take advantage of us missing a fixture (Chelsea) and make hay, therefore, putting more pressure on us.

On the other hand having a break of a bit over two weeks could give us the opportunity to sort ourselves out. We have looked tired and jaded on the field. We look ponderous in attack and mistake ridden in defence. Our luck is definitely out. All those points were encapsulated in yesterday’s performance.

Should we welcome this break or would it have been better if we had a League game ASAP to put things right?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good thing, without a doubt. A lot can be worked on in 2 weeks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good. For that reason there's no excuse not to play a full strength team in the Fa cup

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Confidence boosting win in FA Cup and into QF and being fully ready for Leicester and the games ahead

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Probably a good thing on the basis that we would have been away at Chelsea on our free weekend so I wouldn’t have expected anything from that game anyway - so much needed time to recharge our batteries.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
After the last two weeks of football misery (apart from the cup win at West Brom) we don’t play another League fixture for another 16 days. In that time rival clubs could take advantage of us missing a fixture (Chelsea) and make hay, therefore, putting more pressure on us.

On the other hand having a break of a bit over two weeks could give us the opportunity to sort ourselves out. We have looked tired and jaded on the field. We look ponderous in attack and mistake ridden in defence. Our luck is definitely out. All those points were encapsulated in yesterday’s performance.

Should we welcome this break or would it have been better if we had a League game ASAP to put things right?

The only way to “sort ourselves out” is by getting back on the pitch and putting it right. Not sure two weeks off is what we need.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Good thing Andone will be back by then.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good. For that reason there's no excuse not to play a full strength team in the Fa cup

For the very first time I find myself agreeing with you, the team need to learn how to win a game again, and it gives us the perfect opportunity to try and do that. Normally l would suggest we utilise most of the squad players as per usual, but the team badly needs to get a win under its belt. The confidence they gain from it could give them a tremendous boost.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I don't mind hypothetical questions but sometimes I prefer to contemplate issues we might have some chance of seeing some sort of change.

If my old mum had had a cock, would she have been my dad? ???

Edit: apologies for being pissy. I feel pissy today. I want a bit of change (and I don't mean 'spare ten pence, guv') :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here