Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Paul Ince

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Delusional.

"I am not just a pundit who has never managed a club - I have managed in the Premier League and all four English professional divisions, so no-one can say I don't know what I am talking about here."

Looking at his record at some of those clubs (win percentage at Blackburn and Blackpool of 28.6 percent), I think they can.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Paul, you also thought your son Tom should have played for England.

This from a man who gave himself the title "The Guvnor".

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Pompous idiot who was a decent player but should have found a career away from football on his retirement. I’m not a big fan of pundits and he is one of the reasons.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I thought this thread was going to be about Gazza's controversial Instagram post.

I really hope the PC brigade don't jump on this. It's a bloke who is and has been mentally unwell for some time attempting to make a clumsy joke.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm no big Paul Ince fan, but l do to an extent see what he was getting at.

In the Mourinho era the players seemed to be 'over coached' if there is such a term, and in many cases being played out of position and asked to do jobs that that were outside of their comfort zone, and not what they were used to doing.

United were, and are again, a team at their best when allowed to be let off the leash, and play free flowing, attacking football. It doesn't, as Ince points out, take a genius to realise that, and fortunately for United Solskjaer realised it too.

They are now a team playing in precisely that way again, and l can see them finishing in the top four quite comfortably.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looking at his record at some of those clubs (win percentage at Blackburn and Blackpool of 28.6 percent) ...

Let's be fair to Ince, Blackpool could have had SAF managing them and they'd still be losing most games, it's a basket case of a club. (and you could say the same about Blackburn too)

Nah, let's not to be fair to Ince, he doesn't really deserve it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I really hope the PC brigade don't jump on this. It's a bloke who is and has been mentally unwell for some time attempting to make a clumsy joke.

a joke made at the time and since. not as funny as Ince's joke about Man U, but should be taken about as seriously.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Paul Ince is just one of a long line of ex Manure pro's who comment on their former club.
Nothing will ever change, it's in their jeans:D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Ince less than a West Ham fan :smile:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Paul Ince is just one of a long line of ex Manure pro's who comment on their former club.

An extraordinarily large number of Taggart's players have had a go at management: Ince, the Neville brothers, Giggs, Keane, Darren Ferguson, Bruce, Blanc, Stam, Robson, Robins, Jordi as well as Solskjaer ... most with limited success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here