Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Stephens is nowhere near Propper's class either. I strongly suspect we're moving from 'is the first name on the team sheet' to 'was the first name on the team sheet'. Would be no surprise at all if we stay 433 then our preferred starting midfield by the end of the season will be Propper, Gross and Bissouma. It was obvious yesterday Bissouma had been told to curb just a bit of his usual attacking instinct in acting as a late Dale replacement, but he has the potential to be a significantly better midfielder given time and a bit more maturity.

Current tactics though isn’t Gross on the right side forming a triangle with Montonya and March? I thought the 3 of them worked really well, especially 2nd half. The other side I thought Bissouma struggled in the similar role. Had Stephens played it would have been Propper with Locadia and Bong and we’d have carried more of a threat I feel. Bissouma did an able job though, not wanting to sound critical, but I think it’s a bit early to be saying he’s superior to our other options.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Current tactics though isn’t Gross on the right side forming a triangle with Montonya and March? I thought the 3 of them worked really well, especially 2nd half. The other side I thought Bissouma struggled in the similar role. Had Stephens played it would have been Propper with Locadia and Bong and we’d have carried more of a threat I feel. Bissouma did an able job though, not wanting to sound critical, but I think it’s a bit early to be saying he’s superior to our other options.

Pretty much - agree re the combination (which is being missed by the ‘Pascal is not as effective’ crew) but Bissouma just needs more time. I think he has the potential to be much better than Stephens.......not that he is yet

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pretty much - agree re the combination (which is being missed by the ‘Pascal is not as effective’ crew) but Bissouma just needs more time. I think he has the potential to be much better than Stephens.......not that he is yet

Don’t disagree with that, needs to take his chances when they come, can see the potential but can also see why he’s not been starting regularly either yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I find Bissouma a little to 'all fur coat but no knickers', to me he's the ultimate player in need of Hughtonising.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
I've been guilty in the past of not really taking any notice of what Propper does during the game, so this week, he was my main focus. The bloke is a class act and a very intelligent footballer. He has the ability to make himself time and makes good decisions. Without doubt he is the most talented player in our team and I am now a big fan of his

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Only 2 things wrong with your post:

a. Bissouma is nowhere near in Proppers class or ability yet, perhaps one day he will be. Potential yes but now not at all.
b. Stephens should be the first name on the team sheet each week as he is our engine.

Stephens was the engine. We just saw a different engine yesterday and Propper was 3 classes above Dale in that role. Bissouma has the pace and power to provide what Propper did in Davy's old position and Gross is the enigma of the 3 at home. I would like to see Bissouma and Propper every week but from CH's interview yesterday that looks like a non starter. For the rest of this year at least Stephens will be first on the sheet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thought Bissouma struggled yesterday in a game we were dominating. He has real potential, but I wouldn’t be putting him in Propper’s class and a long way from being far superior to Stephens.

Is I'm afraid, absolutely correct. Dale Stephens has a lot of knockers on here, but I amnot one of them.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Yesterday I was fascinated by his first touch - it was perfect every time. No matter how little space he appeared to have as the ball arrived at his feet, one moment later he was in acres and looking to play the ball forward. I have listened to so many pundits talking about Hoddle, Wilkins, Cantona, Fabregas, Silva etc. seeming to have eyes in the back of their head. Davy demonstrated exactly that level of awareness against Watford. I think it was the first time ever that myself, the guys sitting next to me and the match sponsor all agreed on the MOM. He is a class act who needs a song!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Propper has really stepped it up in the last couple of months, for much of the first part of the season he was quiet, had some very poor games and went missing in several, whether this has simply been a form thing or because of the change of formation mid-December because since then he has been absolutely superb and man of the match in many. Hopefully this is the new normal because Propper at his best is an outstanding player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stephens was the engine. We just saw a different engine yesterday and Propper was 3 classes above Dale in that role. Bissouma has the pace and power to provide what Propper did in Davy's old position and Gross is the enigma of the 3 at home. I would like to see Bissouma and Propper every week but from CH's interview yesterday that looks like a non starter. For the rest of this year at least Stephens will be first on the sheet.

I can't articulate it properly, so forgive me, but I thought Propper looked so 'free' 'unencumbered' yesterday.
He didn't defer to anyone, he didn't shy away from anything.

"This space is all mine and this is what I'm going to do with it".

There's no way he can play like that every week, one player can't own the midfield like he did yesterday, but by jimminy it was a joy to watch.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Is I'm afraid, absolutely correct. Dale Stephens has a lot of knockers on here, but I amnot one of them.

Proper should run the game and Stephens break things up, not the other way round. We looked so much more fluid with proper pulling the strings. The other problem with Stephens is that you can guarantee one very bad tackle per game. He also has a habit of giving away stupid free kicks on the edge of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Propper has really stepped it up in the last couple of months, for much of the first part of the season he was quiet, had some very poor games and went missing in several, whether this has simply been a form thing or because of the change of formation mid-December because since then he has been absolutely superb and man of the match in many. Hopefully this is the new normal because Propper at his best is an outstanding player.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head , early in the season I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about , could see he was technically gifted but was soft in the tackle , gave balls away too easy and just blew hot and cold in games .

Recently though he’s been immense and yesterday everything ran through him , was a pleasure to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
He did have a good game yesterday, but would love to see a few goals from him too - as I would all our midfielders.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Top player - certainly one of our best, game after game. Fingers crossed he starts scoring the odd goal soon, as he does for Holland, then he will be the complete midfield package.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here