Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's all clap trap to make him convinced he's always right ,hypothetical assumption at best he really needs to wake up LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DF

You do realise that the post you're leaping in to defend was one from [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] putting up a case for the opposite of what you want :facepalm:

Despite [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] best efforts I think you've ensured your role as Brexit Village Idiot (for the next few days at least) :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This whole rant just shows your complete lack of self awareness, gullibility, and the fact the bubble head is yourself. And for some reason that democracy stopped after the referendum.

Democracy stopped after the referendum because parliament sat for 810 unbroken days ( the longest period since the ' Long Parliament ' ) costing the taxpayer £1.5 billion and deliberately and contemptuously passed no legislation of any significance to suit the agenda of the political establishment.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Democracy stopped after the referendum because parliament sat for 810 unbroken days ( the longest period since the ' Long Parliament ' ) costing the taxpayer £1.5 billion and deliberately and contemptuously passed no legislation of any significance to suit the agenda of the political establishment.

They were only focusing on what the majority from the referendum wanted them to do. Try and negotiate a deal to leave the EU.

It's just unfortunate that, a bit like the referendum itself, they couldn't get the leave supporters to agree what it was they wanted :shrug:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
They were only focusing on what the majority from the referendum wanted them to do. Try and negotiate a deal to leave the EU.

It's just unfortunate that, a bit like the referendum itself, they couldn't get the leave supporters to agree what it was they wanted :shrug:

No one voted for a Deal , wake up !!
Regards
DF

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Members of my family who rely on medication which is likely to be subject to delays. Members of my family who live and work in the EU. One family member who lives in Kent and is likely to be at the forefront of the likely disruption, making travel difficult.

Meanwhile the IRA simply are not an issue.

Where in Kent is travel likely to be difficult? Are the Medway towns going to be gridlocked ( Gravesend, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham ) Is the Thanet Way going to be impassable? Will you not be able to travel along the A259 to Margate and Broadstairs? Will Canterbury shut down? What about Maidstone and Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells and the whole of Mid-Kent....gridlocked? Will the queues stretch up the M26 and then eventually reach the M25, shutting down our busiest orbital motorway? I fear for the Isle of Sheppey. Its residents cut off from the rest of Kent.
Is the M20 going to cease to function? Will the residents of Dover and Folkestone be marooned, cut off, besieged, unable to get out of their towns? If they are, there are always the local coastal roads, Dover to Deal and Sandwich, Folkestone to Hythe etc

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Where in Kent is travel likely to be difficult? Are the Medway towns going to be gridlocked ( Gravesend, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham ) Is the Thanet Way going to be impassable? Will you not be able to travel along the A259 to Margate and Broadstairs? Will Canterbury shut down? What about Maidstone and Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells and the whole of Mid-Kent....gridlocked? Will the queues stretch up the M26 and then eventually reach the M25, shutting down our busiest orbital motorway? I fear for the Isle of Sheppey. Its residents cut off from the rest of Kent.
Is the M20 going to cease to function? Will the residents of Dover and Folkestone be marooned, cut off, besieged, unable to get out of their towns? If they are, there are always the local coastal roads, Dover to Deal and Sandwich, Folkestone to Hythe etc

Well whenever Operation Stack is invoked there are significant problems currently making local travel difficult. Given the Government's plans and significant investment they say they are making ready for disruption at the ports and reading what most industry experts across distribution and logistics, Importers and Exporters are saying, I think it would be reasonable to expect some fairly significant disruption.

Or as Johnson would have it 'bumps in the road' :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Think about Phase 4 of 'Operation Stack' in the summer of 2015 and what that did to Kent, (The M20 from a bridge over it was quite a sight to behold in person) but this time call it 'Operation Brock' and factor in it lasting longer, as HM Government have done, then you'll have all the answers to your questions. Even the outgoing leader of Kent County Council has stated his 'disappointment' at Whitehall's plan to facilitate new customs parks in Kent, particularly the 2 proposed at Ashford and Ebbsfleet, as this would 'create more mayhem.' (I'm sure Cllr Paul Carter's sudden announcement that he's leaving office next month is purely coincidental to what may occur at the end of it, but the timing is most unfortunate.)

Alternatively just dismiss it all as Project Fear promulgated by Guardian reading remoaners, believe in Britain instead and everything will be fine etc, because that's what I'm going to do as it's such a lovely day today and so much sport on TV - Albion at 1730 and Sid The Shark in the mascots race at Edgbaston being the undoubted highlights. It's a veritable 'televisual feast' as Bernard Cribbens once said to John Cleese. Have a nice one. :thumbsup:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well lets wait and see if Kent is moving in the first week of November or whether its at a standstill as some of you are predicting. I'm off to buy my Guardian.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In your opinion. Two other posters have given you a more detailed explanation but you choose to answer mine. Does it make you feel big and brave?

Not particularly. I'm just an ordinary bloke who doesn't think Kent will grind to a standstill. Just my opinion. First week in November will see if one us is right and one of us is wrong. If I'm wrong, I will be big and brave enough to come on here and apologise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
one way to alleviate standstill in Kent is to not continuing to send road freight through Kent once operation stack comes into effect. rerouting through other ports is already planned.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not particularly. I'm just an ordinary bloke who doesn't think Kent will grind to a standstill. Just my opinion. First week in November will see if one us is right and one of us is wrong. If I'm wrong, I will be big and brave enough to come on here and apologise.

I'm afraid we won't know come the first week November, unless you also believe what Johnson is telling you ?

First week in November we will still be in the EU, just like we were on 31st March and 13th April :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
one way to alleviate standstill in Kent is to not continuing to send road freight through Kent once operation stack comes into effect. rerouting through other ports is already planned.

I can't imagine why we choose to put such a huge percentage of our exports and imports to and from the EU through Kent and don't use other ports anyway.

No idea whatsoever ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't imagine why we choose to put such a huge percentage of our exports and imports to and from the EU through Kent and don't use other ports anyway.

No idea whatsoever ???

Refrigerated lorries have to leave their engines running, and can only use ferries, so it needs to be the shortest route possible. Most fruit & veg are freighted in cold storage as well as pharmaceuticals.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

No idea whatsoever ???

cost and time mainly. once you have a driver stationary for 12, 24, 48 hours, the east coast ports look much better on both fronts.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If you had asked me for the source of the facts, I would have told you. No need for you to go to the trouble of having to find it :shrug:

Most people probably already knew we were a bigger economy with differing priorities but good to see every day is a learning day for you.

First you say that nobody knows what will happen at the border as the deal you want hasn't been defined. I'm assuming that is because it is going to change so much from whichever 'base' you are currently pushing. And the talk of more 'regulatory alignment' whilst quoting 'regulatory divergence' as one of the main benefits is superb. :facepalm:

You assume wrong I said it because it's obvious no one knows what particular issues there will be at the border after a deal that hasn't been negotiated yet which is why your original question was particularly stupid. The two points confused you then. Point one - we start negotiating from a point of complete regulatory alignment unlike Canada and the EU. Point two - a Canada type deal would give us the freedom to diverge from regulations if we wanted :shrug:

Then you say you want to base a new deal on the Canada ++++++++++++++ deal, changing all the parts that need changing to reflect all the differences (which you have already recognised) to reflect Britain's economy and priorities. So that's most of it then :facepalm::facepalm:

Yes, we negotiate a deal that surprise surprise prioritises our economic needs you really are struggling with this aren't you :facepalm:

Then you say you want to start 'from a position of complete alignment', so that would be basing this new deal on the current Customs Union. (You have already highlighted 'regulatory divergence' as one of the major benefits of the Canada ++++++++++++++++++++ deal) :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It's not what I want it's what the position will be. Negotiating our future trade relationship can only start once we have left, at that point, no matter if we have a WA deal or not we will be fully aligned with EU standards. At this point we can negotiate how much we want to diverge. Another learning moment for you it seems :facepalm:

Then you say that my preferred option has already been rejected, yet you to continue to think your preferred option(s) above are still a goer ? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I said it because it is true ... did you miss the 2016 referendum result? :facepalm: Of course a Canada plus deal is still an option, we don't start negotiating our new trade relationship until after we leave.

Or are you another reluctant 'no dealer' who has now aligned themselves with where Ppf, Two profs etc etc have been all along ?

You seem to be confusing getting a withdrawal agreement with the future negotiations about a new trade relationship. But I've already said if it comes to a choice of no deal or ignoring the referendum result then I am a reluctant no dealer but my preference is as it always was, to leave with a deal which is still possible.

Fancy a bet on preferences (proceeds to REMF) Your Canada +++++++++++++++ versus my second referendum :lolol:

No thanks, anyone making any firm predictions at this point is talking out of their rear end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here