Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bizarre strategy when attempting to appear as a broad church in the face of Tory extremism and an alternative to the Lib Dem nuclear button approach.

What have Labour learnt from the 80s ? Nothing.

However shit the opposition is, you don't get elected by looking unelectable.

80 percent of the members agree with Watson on Brexit. A sensible leader would keep him close. Not Corbyn, he will use the excuse it was nothing to do with him.

After a few weeks of actually looking competent in the face of Boris he has blown it away.

What a plum.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What leader wants a deputy who undermines you at every turn?

Watson has had no mandate for torpedoing Labour policy at every turn. How can he be trusted?

People need to step back a bit, take the Corbyn/Labour specs off and realise you simply cannot have a no.2 campaigning on their own platform. No other party would tolerate this.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Watson has had no mandate for torpedoing Labour policy at every turn. How can he be trusted?

People need to step back a bit, take the Corbyn/Labour specs off and realise you simply cannot have a no.2 campaigning on their own platform. No other party would tolerate this.

From what I read (happy to be corrected) Watson’s views are more inline with the majority of the party members?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

What policy?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like Watson, direct politican that doesnt waffle or trot out a pre-rehearsed line every interview. on radio this morning he calmly said how he heard of this while having dinner with his boy (ordinary man of the people), and how he was sure Corbyn didnt know about the meeting but can stop this (showing loyalty but implicating him in further progress). punditry suggested this could trigger a leadership election if Watson is forced out. bizzare way to open a conference, drown out all policy discussion.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i like Watson, direct politican that doesnt waffle or trot out a pre-rehearsed line every interview. on radio this morning he calmly said how he heard of this while having dinner with his boy (ordinary man of the people), and how he was sure Corbyn didnt know about the meeting but can stop this (showing loyalty but implicating him in further progress). punditry suggested this could trigger a leadership election if Watson is forced out. bizzare way to open a conference, drown out all policy discussion.

I agree re Watson....actually appealing unlike the bod above him

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Every time I think labour can’t possibly make themselves any more incompetent they find a way. Now the headlines are all about them trying to oust one of the few moderate sensible labour front benchers. It confirms the worst fears of he majority of the voting public.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When Labour move to the left they make themselves unelectable. The same is happening again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tories haven't learnt from history either, both appealing to a very core vote.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

All parties are currently appealing to the idealistic in each beliefs. There's a huge void in the middle ground. Time for a moderate party to be formed. The LibDems are too wrapped up in knitting.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
From what I read (happy to be corrected) Watson’s views are more inline with the majority of the party members?
Labour policy is decided by part members at the conference. If Corbyn follows this policy and Watson undermined him, it's Watson deviating from the members wishes.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
When Labour move to the left they make themselves unelectable. The same is happening again.
We need a reset, we need a rebalance. Sky news were discussing this a couple of days ago.

Tag line "Does capitalism need a reset".

I mean, if the question had to be asked, then something clearly isn't right, is it?

They were discussing the purpose of capitalism. Cited that people in moneys only purpose is to make more money. Discussed the ideology needed to ensure more focus is shown on workers rights, climate, human rights and wealth inequality.

A quick Google shows this is probably based on a FT campaign.

https://pressgazette.co.uk/ft-drops...-as-it-launches-campaign-to-reset-capitalism/

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here