Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How is your Albion Mojo going into the International break?

How is your Albion Mojo as we go to the International break

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Contracting Alzate beyond the end of next season would add another point.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reluctant 5 for me. I like the new style and think we are making progress but the loss of the two strikers seriously concerns me. Any injuries to Murray in particular and we are in major trouble IMO and even without him being injured we have one striker who doesn't suit our style and one who is untested at this level. Might be fine but then again....

On the plus side Trossard looks a real find and we are certainly more entertaining but I'm worried where the goals will come from ...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Solid 7 - I, like many, feel we’re into something really good. Am slightly worried everyone seems to have picked up early points (Watford excluded) and that a more established club or 2 may go down. Also a bit annoyed CP2010FC have got 7 undeserved points thanks to missed pens and hugely down to decisions going their way when I still feel they’re pretty shit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Its been dropping after the Watford game. It's no good playing entertaining football if you don't pick up sufficient points.

Our 2019 home PL record is P11 W1 D3 L7 F5 A20 and that win was against Huddersfield

Until such time as the Amex becomes a fortress benefiting a top ten team, then I'm hovering around a 5

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Whilst I have certainly been heartened by our start and how Potter has us playing, I do fear we're just a bit lacking up front now. I look at the upcoming fixtures with some trepidation:

Home to Burnley
Away at Newcastle
Away at Chelsea
Home to Spurs
Away to Villa

It's quite possible that we don't pick up a single win there and we find ourselves in the bottom three, which will add a lot of pressure to Potter. Pundits would start speaking about us as one of those plucky/naive teams that tries to play the right way but fails to pick up sufficient points.

Burnley feels like quite a pivotal game for me. Play well and win and I'll feel significantly happier.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
8 the football is already far more enjoyable to watch and I believe we are unlucky to not have at least 7 points.
I’m not sure I ever considered Andone or Locadia as Albion players.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
0 for me.

Absolutely convinced we are going down now. A manager who has left us all over the place at the back. We are going to let a lot in this season. Offloading two very average attacking players without adding is a concern. Instead we are going with a Championship striker and a kid to back Murray up. Our midfielders and wingers simply don't score enough. Dropping Duffy(if long time) will also be a big mistake

Defensively we look terrible and all at sea. but hey that's ok because we are playing some attacking football and creating a couple more chances. That's made quite a few happy.
Last season we had a minus 20 GD. We will top that no problem.

The penny will drop when we don't beat Burnley.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Rock bottom, zero.

Nah, just being silly, a 7. I have faith in the club’s decisions to part (for now) with Andone and Locadia. They must’ve seen the same deficiencies seen by many supporters.

I'm at zero and i'm not fishing either. Not convinced one bit at all about Potter and his tactics.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
7 for me, highest it’s been for a while.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
7....excited we may pull off a few more wins and if a few thrashings are the payment.....so be it.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

Something obviously happened behind the scenes with Andone and Locadia, but I'm not afraid of this kind of bold move. It's evidence of strong management.

Watford obviously good. West Ham unlucky to draw. Southampton unlucky again with the red card. City away showed promising signs which is fine for me.

We have exciting new young players and have shown faith in them.

Still a work in progress but the style of play is good, and I think it will get even better as the players keep practising in training. I'm far more excited about the future than last season.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
5 - flattered to deceive a little.

Defensively weaker, offensively more creative, but like last season still can’t finish.

Lack of forwards a concern....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think you've answered our concerns.

Strikers/forwards/goalhangers whatever you want to call them all have their own idiocincracies and need feeding.

We've, over the summer been deshackled and started playing a more expansive game, thereby becoming more creative and adventurous going forward (I do agree that comes with some defensive risk at times ) we are therefore, potentially, a better attacking team/squad. . . I do think Connolly and Maupay are better investments than Locadia and Andone right now. Especially with an old hand to guide. Our breakthrough however will be when the midfielders have confidence to proceed and shoot, and the wingers learn where and how to feed the areas they know the strikers will arrive in. Gross/Murray is proven in PL. we're (Im) patiently waiting for the next 'click' between team mates.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Whilst I have certainly been heartened by our start and how Potter has us playing, I do fear we're just a bit lacking up front now. I look at the upcoming fixtures with some trepidation:

Home to Burnley
Away at Newcastle
Away at Chelsea
Home to Spurs
Away to Villa

It's quite possible that we don't pick up a single win there and we find ourselves in the bottom three, which will add a lot of pressure to Potter. Pundits would start speaking about us as one of those plucky/naive teams that tries to play the right way but fails to pick up sufficient points.

Burnley feels like quite a pivotal game for me. Play well and win and I'll feel significantly happier.

Said after Saturday that Burnley is a must win game , still stand by that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm at zero and i'm not fishing either. Not convinced one bit at all about Potter and his tactics.

If it wasn’t for Andone, we’d quite possibly have a point or three more.

My only criticism and it was the same last season, is that our right back berth is so vulnerable, leading to the majority of goals conceded. Every opposing manager targets us there from the first minute. It’s so obvious.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
5 for me. Great start, and I include the West Ham game in that. Since then problems have surfaced.....players showing discontent and the Locadia / Andone departures are a concern. One would have been fine, two, no.
I also think the Burnley game is vital. If we win, then we look well placed, if not, then I'm concerned that we have a monkey on our backs with our home form......three potentially winnable home games at the start of the season.
On a brighter note, we are playing a more attractive style of football. Unfortunately it's points that keep you in this division.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
1. Because 0 isn't a given option.
Well there's a surprise-our Palace fan down on The Albion. Who'd a thunk it?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here