Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As each day passes - and the silence on how we continue to trade after 31 Oct 19 becomes deafening - it appears tax is becoming an increasingly important factor. I genuinely do believe the Tries want us outside of the new EU Tax Directive to preserve our tax havens and turn us into an ultra-low tax economy.

The only way to stop a flight of capital out of the UK would be to slash taxes, and with Boris promising an increase in the Higher Rate income tax threshold from £50K to £80K and Corporation tax already committed to falling from 19% to 17% next April God help those depending on social services and state handouts.

its barking up the wrong tree. the sort of corporate tax avoidance the EU rules are aimed at are the Ireland and Luxembourg scenarios, where countries channel EU based business through those countries to benefit lower tax. until recently we did not have as low corporation tax, so why would this be the driver for leaving? private tax arrangements, holding assets offshore/abroad will be unchanged so im led to believe. as rules stand, until there is standardised corporation tax and other fiscal policy across EU, we are free to set our taxes lower just as Ireland does.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
its barking up the wrong tree. the sort of corporate tax avoidance the EU rules are aimed at are the Ireland and Luxembourg scenarios, where countries channel EU based business through those countries to benefit lower tax. until recently we did not have as low corporation tax, so why would this be the driver for leaving? private tax arrangements, holding assets offshore/abroad will be unchanged so im led to believe.

The EU route is going to be higher corporate taxes, attacking tax havens and more transparency throughout. I can therefore see the attractions in profits being crystallised in the UK and / or monies moving to tax havens with UK links - all away from EU jurisdictions.

Jan 30, 2008
The blind panic out there from the likes of Lord Adonis and co is unreal using things like self-harming and cliff edge, guys like him are doing far more harm for this country.
The problem is the all the doom monger sheep believe all these t+ats.

He is creating divide and hate and spreading it like a disease and the other remoaners are just visionless to believe it all.
He should be stripped of his title and castrated, that's if he has any balls at all.

I will not waste my energy any more on the remoaners, but if it comes down to us not leaving the EU on October 31st the remoaners will have caused an issue which will not subside for decades to come.

Can they not see the damage that they are doing by trying to reverse a major decision, kids will think they can demonstrate at everything they don't deem as fair.

The long term situation is frightening, their kids and grandkids look up to them for guidance and they are acting like teenagers. :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

They are ripping the country apart, the decision was made by the PUBLIC and it MUST be delivered on October 31st.

LEAVE means LEAVE.

Exactly but we're dealing with an element of undemocratic arrogant people who seem to think they know more than anyone why people voted to leave the EU ,the silent majority will have the last laugh over undemocratic loons Mouldy as you rightly say LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

Regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed - apparently we can veto anything we don't like.

As has been pointed out many times on this thread, there are approx 11% of EU laws that apply to the UK. Nobody has ever said we can veto anything and everything.
[MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION] has explained it better than I could.

Jan 30, 2008
As has been pointed out many times on this thread, there are approx 11% of EU laws that apply to the UK. Nobody has ever said we can veto anything and everything.
[MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION] has explained it better than I could.

That's 11%to many , roll on 31st October
regards
DR

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Exactly but we're dealing with an element of undemocratic arrogant people who seem to think they know more than anyone why people voted to leave the EU ,the silent majority will have the last laugh over undemocratic loons Mouldy as you rightly say LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

Regards
DR

If only you were silent...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here