Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On a side note, it’s Potters birthday today. He’s 44. Could be a nice present for him today being named Manager of Brighton.

...let's hope he keeps the receipt in case it doesn't fit.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Indeed. So when you posted that the Sun had reported it was done ("Graham Potter becomes Brighton manager after rubber stamping deal to replace Chris Hughton"), I asked you if it was a source we can trust. So I guess your answer is no, it's not.

Just passing it on Trig. And the crux of The Sun story is that he's going to be the next Albion manager, we've stumped up compensation, and he's bringing his team with him. Which , unless we've all been led down the garden path , is all true.
But nope. I don't know any Sun reporters i'm afraid.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I would have bet on CH getting another year right up to when I read he’d been sacked, so I wouldn’t be too convinced Winstanley is safe just yet.

Given we're talking about football here then i suspect there's fairly short odds on Potter being gone within months too.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Reasonably high hopes for this relative no-mark.

Liking the sound of him bringing recruitment personnel as part of his team, can only help..?

Presume we're expecting confirmation by the club early this week.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just passing it on Trig.
Yes but my point, as you know, is that I don't know which of these newspaper reports are correct, as they all seem to make stuff up. The telegraph said he was down here last Tuesday or something like that, and Brian Owen reported he wasn't etc. You said we can trust Brian, he wouldn't make stuff up. So when you posted the Sun link, I asked if we could trust that. It seems not, it clearly hadn't been rubber stamped, they were talking shit.

And the crux of The Sun story is that he's going to be the next Albion manager, we've stumped up compensation, and he's bringing his team with him.
We already knew all of that from reports before the Sun story. The crux of their report was that it was completed, done, rubber stamped.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes but my point, as you know, is that I don't know which of these newspaper reports are correct, as they all seem to make stuff up. The telegraph said he was down here last Tuesday or something like that, and Brian Owen reported he wasn't etc. You said we can trust Brian, he wouldn't make stuff up. So when you posted the Sun link, I asked if we could trust that. It seems not, it clearly hadn't been rubber stamped, they were talking shit.

We already knew all of that from reports before the Sun story. The crux of their report was that it was completed, done, rubber stamped.

Who’d have thunk it? Mr Pedantic vs Mr Pedantic :smile:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This is a done deal, probably announced late tomorrow or Tuesday, followed by confirmation that Winstanley has ‘decided to pursue other opportunities’

The Argus reporting today "Macaulay, who has been Potter’s trusted recruitment chief at both Swansea and Ostersunds FK, will also make the move.
He will report to Paul Winstanley, who heads Albion’s recruitment team."
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...w-albions-new-look-management-team-will-work/

Time will tell......doubt they'll both be here within a few months

#ITK
:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks [MENTION=32905]B-right-on[/MENTION]

I thought the second funniest post ever written on here was going to go the same way as the funniest.
That being my Billy Joel one from a few days ago which only received 3 :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Right. I'm popping out for a couple of hours and if he hasn't singed by the time I get back I will be so ANGRY

:rant::angry::rant::angry:

I will vote for Big Sam instead. That'll show 'em ???

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"It is understood the length of Potter’s contract with the Seagulls was one of the matters under discussion yesterday."

You know when the negotiations on contract length happen and sometimes they take a while, I always wonder how stuff like this actually goes down?

I imagine it works something like this:

Paul Barber: "We are thinking a four year contract"
Potter: "I was thinking five years"
Paul Barber: "Four years"
Potter: "Five years"
Paul Barber: "No, four years"
Potter: "Come ooooon, Five years"
Paul Barber: "Four"
Potter: "Come ooooooooon"
Paul Barber: "Okay Five"
Potter: "Yay!"

I could be wrong.