Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Zero percent chance he's what we are looking for.

Name Out Of Hat story.

Unless we've realised he is taller than Ryan, and therefore a good choice for goalie [emoji38]ol:

Why would we not be interested in him? 6ft 3 tall, big lad, looks like a good target man, not slow but not lightning quick, done well at cardiff last season, only 23. Depending on the fee I'm sure we have had a look at him. Paul Trollope....did he sign him?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014

If this were to be true then we would have to be bringing in another more mobile, faster forward. It really would be a dangerous move to end up on September the 1st with no competition for Baldock.

That being said, perhaps Hughton is planning to primarily operate in a 4-4-1-1 with Groß playing in behind a Murray/Zohore type of striker? Even if that were to be the case, it still seems foolish to entertain the thought of not signing a proven first division goalscorer from somewhere in Europe before the season begins.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would we not be interested in him? 6ft 3 tall, big lad, looks like a good target man, not slow but not lightning quick, done well at cardiff last season, only 23. Depending on the fee I'm sure we have had a look at him. Paul Trollope....did he sign him?
Far too big a gamble if we are only bringing in 1 striker.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Saw a lot of Zohore and he fits perfectly for 1 up front. Good physical presence, touch and pace. He really improved as the season went on and getting in quick on him would be a smart move. If he sustains his improved form he will attract a lot of attention.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If this were to be true then we would have to be bringing in another more mobile, faster forward. It really would be a dangerous move to end up on September the 1st with no competition for Baldock.

That being said, perhaps Hughton is planning to primarily operate in a 4-4-1-1 with Groß playing in behind a Murray/Zohore type of striker? Even if that were to be the case, it still seems foolish to entertain the thought of not signing a proven first division goalscorer from somewhere in Europe before the season begins.

Zohore looks pacy and mobile in the videos I've just watched.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fairly poor goal scoring return at a lower level than we are playing. Very underwhelming if true.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Fairly poor goal scoring return at a lower level than we are playing. Very underwhelming if true.

When Drogba was Zohore's age he'd scored a grand total of 12 goals in four seasons of lower league football (I reference Drogba as he happens to be a second cousin of Zohore).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When Drogba was Zohore's age he'd scored a grand total of 12 goals in four seasons of lower league football (I reference Drogba as he happens to be a second cousin of Zohore).
Still far too risky as our only striker signing.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Zohore is a viable option and is similar to Abraham, who we were interested in... feel like there could be something in this? More or less 1 in 2 strike rate over 29 appearances last season with 5 assists, scored a couple in the U21 Euros as well. Doesn't seem a bad shout to me.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I would go for Gary Hooper at MASSIVE.. Am I right in thinking CH didn't get on with him though? Maybe [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] could give an insight?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here