Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Chris Hughton interview today

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You feel CH shouldn't have been sacked because he's a very very nice man?
Not at all. I just don't like the inconsistency being adopted by the club at the moment, as they were very careful to point out how things had to be carried out with the last manager sacking, within employment law, but as I said recent events appear to be otherwise

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all. I just don't like the inconsistency being adopted by the club at the moment, as they were very careful to point out how things had to be carried out with last manager sacking, within employment law, but as I said recent events appear to be otherwise

I couldn't comment because I have no idea how the club handled CH's sacking.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Like all fans I want Potter to succeed. Under CH we finished 4th bottom with a bottom 3 budget with a regular starting XI featuring players from Bournemouth reserves, Celtic reserves, Charlton, Blackburn, Lewes and Wigan. The football in the second half of the season was poor but if you’re up against better players then what else can be realistically expected?

Exactly.

I remain gutted for him.....

Only time will tell if this was the right decision....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not at all. I just don't like the inconsistency being adopted by the club at the moment, as they were very careful to point out how things had to be carried out with last manager sacking, within employment law, but I said recent events appear to be otherwise

Hughton received a significant payoff. If he didn't receive a payoff we would know all about it surely? In football this system of payoffs replaces typical business practices. I don't see what the problem is.

If he was surprised to be fired then Tony Bloom was 100% correct in his decision. Nice man, perfect gentleman, etc., etc., yes, we all agree about that. His running of a results driven business is what got him fired which in no way reflects on him as a person. He must have had an inkling surely?

This is an Albion with a minimum £105m income-it has to be run differently now whether we like it or not and the payoff system is an accepted method of dismissal in sport. The traditional three written warnings does not apply to football management. Again, I don't see what the club has done wrong.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you think Hughton is nice bloke but a liar?

Like everybody else in that situation he's shown he is capable of portraying himself in the very best light.
For CH to say he walked into work without even the hint of what was coming rather testifies to that point.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Like everybody else in that situation he's shown he is capable of portraying himself in the very best light.
For CH to say he walked into work without even the hint of what was coming rather testifies to that point.

Most of the fans had an inkling. He must been a bit naive or arrogant therefore. I’d say the former!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Shame they didn't ask him why he didn't think he was under pressure after the run the team had had and the dirge they had been dishing out and how he was incapable of doing anything with the team but defend

Get your flameproof suit of armour on...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems a bit naive from Chris to have no inkling that he might lose his job after the way we played, and the results from the 2nd half of the season.

True, sounds like he felt very safe in his job, probably not a good thing given how awful we had been for a few months. Most top jobs carry pressure if you don’t produce and although he kept us up he can have been said to have failed over the last few months given where we were at Xmas. He should have had an inkling imo given how toxic those three home games at the end were. We need to remember CH is a fan and probably had exactly the same feelings as many of us during those games. He could hardly walk out though like many did :smile:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He must have had some idea. Wrong of him to say he didn’t. Those who believe that are as naive as he must be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yes it shows he was never spoken to about improving results,so it all came as a surprise after keeping the club up
The manager he took over from was begged to stay by the chairman, even though he was taking us down. A previous manager had a hearing and a right to appeal. I think he had a right to be surprised by previous handling of the managers and the inconsistency

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Seems like a nice guy, but I am surprised he was surprised obviously doesn't read NSC or think it has any reality. Good luck to him in the future, best bet must be building from the Champ rather than taking a punt at a Prem club close to the edge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes it shows he was never spoken to about improving results,so it all came as a surprise after keeping the club up
The manager he took over from was begged to stay by the chairman, even though he was taking us down. A previous manager had a hearing and a right to appeal. I think he had a right to be surprised by previous handling of the managers and the inconsistency

You make a good point, given what happened with Hyypia very very few of us expected the sacking given that we stayed up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You make a good point, given what happened with Hyypia very very few of us expected the sacking given that we stayed up

I think it's fairly safe to say a lesson or two has been learned from Hyypia's tenure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here