Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
this would certainly have got us relegated this season

Apologies [MENTION=28856]rogersix[/MENTION] but there is no evidence that would have happened, in fact to the contrary the moment we went 4-3-3, it fell apart. Defensively we were strong until March.

I think you are right in that we may struggle but that may happen anyway.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We've already got half a team-worth of powderpuffs from crap leagues prior to this signing.
Could have Ali J and this bloke on the wings. Locadia up front. Our rivals will be quaking in their boots.

The only thing we appear to have going for us is a sturdy defensive unit (well, 4/5ths of it) but every mention of Potter is linked to "attacking mentality".
Play to your strengths.
And stop making every attacking signing a complete gamble.

No one wants to watch that.

Mike Bailey got us to 13th in the league but the net result of his terrible defensive football was that people stopped going and, eventually, the club nearly died.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
. And stop making every attacking signing a complete gamble.

Ah OF COURSE!!! We should sign players who are GUARENTEED to be good.

1 NO ONE else will be after them
2 They will be DIRT cheap
3 As they are so good, they will be desperate to join Brighton.

Quick, someone tell the club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apologies [MENTION=28856]rogersix[/MENTION] but there is no evidence that would have happened, in fact to the contrary the moment we went 4-3-3, it fell apart. Defensively we were strong until March.

I think you are right in that we may struggle but that may happen anyway.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9th February 2019 @ the Amex - Burnley tore us apart.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lets get this one announced tonight. They can do all their video stuff later.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ah OF COURSE!!! We should sign players who are GUARENTEED to be good.

1 NO ONE else will be after them
2 They will be DIRT cheap
3 As they are so good, they will be desperate to join Brighton.

Quick, someone tell the club.

Bournemouth seem to manage it fine.

We're in the richest league in the world. Why would they have to be "dirt cheap"? In what parallel universe is 20 million euro for a gamble "dirt cheap"?

Your argument seems to be that we should know our place and not try to sign anyone good or desirable. Which is a little negative.

Yes: it is time that someone told the club.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

We're in the richest league in the world. Why would they have to be "dirt cheap"? In what parallel universe is 20 million euro for a gamble "dirt cheap"?

Your argument seems to be that we should know our place and not try to sign anyone good or desirable. Which is a little negative.

Maybe Bournemouth just had a better manager?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

:D :D

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We've already got half a team-worth of powderpuffs from crap leagues prior to this signing.
Could have Ali J and this bloke on the wings. Locadia up front. Our rivals will be quaking in their boots.

The only thing we appear to have going for us is a sturdy defensive unit (well, 4/5ths of it) but every mention of Potter is linked to "attacking mentality".
Play to your strengths. And stop making every attacking signing a complete gamble.

OMG TSB, you are at it once again... I believe you may need to seek help...

They are not yet verified "powder-puffs from crap leagues"... at least give our new manager a chance to sort out the issues your beloved Chris caused (IMHO) by playing them as auxiliary defenders... it is TBC, so shut the **** up for now...

FFS, give our new signing a chance before you slag him off... have you seen him play? I guess not, so you are talking sh1t again...

Your idea of "playing to our strengths", by which I assume you mean 10 men behind the ball, and no attempt on the opposition goal game after game (a la Chris), very nearly got us relegated so, again, just shut the **** up...

OK?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Same team that paid out £35 million for Dominic Solanke and Jordon Ibe?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Bournemouth take gambles all the time in the transfer market.

How many Premier League proven players have they signed over the last few years? Defoe who flopped & Begovic.

I know you’re doing this “most negative fan in the world” routine as some kind of replacement for an actual personality but if you’re going to be a boring troll account form now on can you at least be accurate. Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here