Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March untouchable ?

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Poor is a bit harsh, but he wasn't great. I'd probably have put him at somewhere between 5.5 and 6.5 today. As aforementioned, I think the only reason he wasn't taken off was owing to the recklessness Knockaert began to show in the second half. Knockaert really is a player we cannot afford to be having sent off.
I'd like to see Ali J and Knockaert both start though after the int'l break, even if it is just for one came to remind March that he is expendable and he needs to fight for his place. The most annoying thing about March is you never know which March is going to turn up.

Throughout the match the Radio Sussex team praised Sollys efforts and it was clear that Watfords goalkeeper was the reason we did not take three points today

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Solly was my Albion MoM. Been a critic of him before now, but today he showed what I had hoped of him last season. Beat his man on numerous occasions, and several faints sending oppo different directions and into dangerous positions. Overall, thought BBC got it right with Foster as MoM as without, they lose.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
After hearing Solly's interview on the radio. I think he now believes he has got what it takes. Well done to you Solly!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will attest, I've been somewhat critical of Solly's overall contribution in the past, but I will happily admit that he's been probably our most consistent performer this season, not just going forward, but also the defensive side of the game. He deserves to start every game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It’s interesting to note that since Glenn Murray very deliberately came out and said how good Solly March is, which was quickly followed by a similar comment from Hughton his confidence (and performance) has grown. Great management.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Walking around with a protective boot on today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here