Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Walton

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ive heard that a season long loan + loan fee of £100k is most likely outcome with Blackburn being given first dibs on his signature at the end of the season for £400k - "a great deal for all involved" is the likely quote from the club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At the time of the deal, [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] stated that the Standard had reported the fee as £300,000.

Feel free to share your sources.

Yep. I shared the article and a link to where £300K was quoted.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Thanks for the links.

The Sun article is from June 6 2018 - 40 days before the deal was done. The Standard article was after the deal was done. I'm going to stick with the Standard figure.

(Oh, and the other link is simply a blog piece, not reporting).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've always been a big fan of Walton, but I was concerned at Crawley on friday night. He looked clumsy and uncertain, which after two years of regular first team football was a surprise. I thought that he'd be a genuine challenger to be involved in our squad for next season, but he looked a long way short. It was only a very brief appearance and not against particularly good opposition, but that's also part of the concern. He made simple things look difficult and that's always a worry.

The game at Crawley, as with all pre season friendlies was no more than a fitness exercise. How players perform in these games is largely immaterial. I'm sure it wouldn't have concerned the Albion management team. After all they probably hadn't picked up a ball, let alone been anywhere near a football pitch all summer.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
All our competitors down at the wrong end of the table have genuine competition for a goalkeeping place. Button and Steele (or Walton or Sanchez) might be cover in case of injury, but there's no circumstances where they could overhaul Maty. He needs someone breathing down his neck, he went a bit backwards last season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All our competitors down at the wrong end of the table have genuine competition for a goalkeeping place. Button and Steele (or Walton or Sanchez) might be cover in case of injury, but there's no circumstances where they could overhaul Maty. He needs someone breathing down his neck, he went a bit backwards last season.

Maybe when we've been about 10 years in the PL we can afford to bother about that. Right now it's our lowest priority.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

81 mins
ANOTHER GREAT SAVE!
Blackburn 0-0 Wigan
Christian Walton take a bow, my friend.

From the corner that follows his previous save, Cedric Kipre heads from point-blank range and Walton pulls off an inspired save from right in front of his nose.

What a performance from the Blackburn keeper.

79 mins
GREAT SAVE!
Blackburn 0-0 Wigan
What a save from Blackburn keeper Christian Walton!

Sam Morsy curls a stunning shot towards the right hand corner of the goal and Walton gets a glove on it to deny the Wigan man.

Superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here