Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Potter out.

Why sell one of our best and most popular players for a tiny fee?

How to alienate the fanbase in one easy step

Bad decision = Nothing to do with Bloom.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Who was that poster who said a couple of weeks ago that Knocky was holding a leaving party?!?!
ITK and a lot of people flamed him for that post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope there's some background reason I'm not aware of - because this seems like a crazy idea. If we're not doing well and he's knocking in goals in the Championship we're probably going to look rather foolish.

Where as we weren't doing well last season partly because he wasn't knocking in goals. :shrug:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Watching sky sports and it mentions that sheff utd are signing Mousett from Bournemouth for 10m.
Are we honestly saying that AK is no better?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (gutted).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can’t dispute that, but at least he’s shown flashes that he can do it in the Premier League, Alireza hasn’t, Trossard hasn’t, Izquierdo has occasionally. Our wide options look pretty pathetic and horribly predictable right now.

because Knockaert going down wing 20-30 yrds before cutting inside wasnt predictable.

bold move for everyone, Potter to live with if things dont go to plan, and Knockaert wanting to step down a level.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
AK has had 1 full season more than Ali and 2 full seasons more than Drossard.

Neither player would set the world alight if all they did was matched AK's production from those 2 seasons.
Honestly couldn’t care less, if you spank £18m+ on a player then you should expect some sort of a return, Alireza was absolutely ****ing dross, he’s got no pace, seems to be lacking any footballing intelligence and doesn’t seem to be able to shoot. Trossard?? Who knows. Izquierdo, rudderless speedboat. I know you’ll disagree and try to convince me that we can’t judge a player until they’ve made 700 appearances but I would far rather play Knockaert than Alireza and Izquierdo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah - I'm aware there is an argument that it is in the Championship where he excels. But I think quite a few of us were hopeful that with new management he could really do well in the Premiership.

A number you can count me in on.

But that's no longer the case, which is a shame, but understandable.
An awful lot of the defense being given to AK reads very much like a justification for sending him down to the Championship.

He just wasn't the Premier League player his defenders are suggesting he was.

Much like Ali J will now forever be shitehouse.
AK will always be our Championship AK, the heartbeat of the team and fans alike.

He just hasn't been that player for two full seasons, no matter how badly we all wish it otherwise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Honestly couldn’t care less, if you spank £18m+ on a player then you should expect some sort of a return, Alireza was absolutely ****ing dross, he’s got no pace, seems to be lacking any footballing intelligence and doesn’t seem to be able to shoot. Trossard?? Who knows. Izquierdo, rudderless speedboat. I know you’ll disagree and try to convince me that we can’t judge a player until they’ve made 700 appearances but I would far rather play Knockaert than Alireza and Izquierdo.

and in a few short weeks time we'll have a pretty good idea as to whether you are right.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The sun is reporting a £10m fee or a £4m loan fee if they DON'T purchase him next summer.

"The Frenchman will miss Albion's friendly on Saturday - ironically against Fulham - as he looks to complete a switch which can be turned permanent for £10million next summer. If the relegated Londoners opt against buying him, then the Seagulls will be due a £4m payment for this term's loan."

I read that as we will receive £10m or £4m next summer. Not £14m (loan fee + transfer fee). Sounds terrible.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8995063 said:
The sun is reporting a £10m fee or a £4m loan fee if they DON'T purchase him next summer.

"The Frenchman will miss Albion's friendly on Saturday - ironically against Fulham - as he looks to complete a switch which can be turned permanent for £10million next summer. If the relegated Londoners opt against buying him, then the Seagulls will be due a £4m payment for this term's loan."

I read that as we will receive £10m or £4m next summer. Not £14m (loan fee + transfer fee). Sounds terrible.

10 tops then. Insane.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Spot on. Barber moaning about the price of players and we let one of our best go for peanuts. Joke

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is the biggest fee we have ever got for a player. Ever.

One that some were saying should never play for the club again after that sending off.

**** me, let's pull our knickers up and jog on, eh? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spot on. Barber moaning about the price of players and we let one of our best go for peanuts. Joke

May be a great CEO but not convinced he knows anything at all about football on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here