Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joey Barton: Fleetwood Town announce ex-Burnley midfielder as head coach

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hope he gets slung inside for this. He has two similar convictions already. I can’t think of a more petty, spiteful, nasty moron in my time. And on top of this he tries desperately to portray himself as some self-styled renaissance man by visiting an art gallery (ensuring there was a film crew to record the moment), his car-crash performance on Question Time and Googling and tweeting quotes by philosophers he most likely cannot spell the name of.

He’s a grade A, first class, monumental bell-end.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Surely, surely he has had his last job in football? Or am I just being overly optimistic

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hope he gets slung inside for this. He has two similar convictions already. I can’t think of a more petty, spiteful, nasty moron in my time. And on top of this he tries desperately to portray himself as some self-styled renaissance man by visiting an art gallery (ensuring there was a film crew to record the moment), his car-crash performance on Question Time and Googling and tweeting quotes by philosophers he most likely cannot spell the name of.

:bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:eek:

Edit: oh, you mean the fiesty one. Yes, yes, you're right.

When I was 5, an older boy talked me into walking down from Eley Drive to Rottingdean sea front. Cueue parental panic. I fell over on the way back, and cut me knee. He then ****ed off and left me. I have always thought that Barton reminded me of this boy. Charismatic, engaging, but at the end of the day.....I still have a soft spot for both of them.....my bad.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Sums it up for me, he is part of a select few who think they are gods gift, Barton, Roy Keane, Stan Collymore etc..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Very well put.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Poor Fleetwood Town. I mean, who could have predicted THIS would happen?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:eek:

Edit: oh, you mean the fiesty one. Yes, yes, you're right.
You mean the lively one.

Charismatic, engaging, but at the end of the day.....I still have a soft spot for both of them.....my bad.
You should probably seek counselling. Not for the boy that didn't stick around (maybe looking after 5-year-olds with cut knees wasn't his forte, and it's not like he pushed you), but for having a soft spot for Barton. He doesn't seem to have any redeeming features.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I forgot to say snide. He’s a snide **** as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Post of the close season HT!! :bowdown:

A most detestable being, but will more likely end up as chairman next, knowing the FAs fit and proper criteria.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Post of the close season HT!! :bowdown:

A most detestable being, but will more likely end up as chairman next, knowing the FAs fit and proper criteria.

He’s a scouse though so it won’t be his fault. Like Heysel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here