Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thing is, he has definitely got something about him. Sometimes his touch is exquisite, his passing sublime and his shot powerful and dangerous. Trouble is he has shown so very little of that talent. I am hopeful that it was our defensive play last year that hindered him and caused loss of confidence. Hoping so anyway.

I agree with you. You don't become a bad player overnight. I really want him to come good this season. Hopefully we will get to see what a talent he is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What’s new ....one game and someone’s a world beater or an absolute loser

Nope there are too many posters WILLING AJ to fail imo, just to prove a point. They won’t admit it of course, but even our leader is one of them. Sad times.

i think hes probably like knockhart in that hes an attacking winger too often forced back for defensive duties. hopefully with our more attacking stance we'll leave the striker and wingers in the opponents half so we can do a quick break when we get back possession.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nope there are too many posters WILLING AJ to fail imo, just to prove a point. They won’t admit it of course, but even our leader is one of them. Sad times.

Well he didn’t have a good season (not the only one by far)....but there were injuries..the break away for the Asia Cup...new to premier league ...a struggling side ..a role he wasn’t used too....bit daft to want a Brighton player to fail when you are a supporter

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well he didn’t have a good season (not the only one by far)....but there were injuries..the break away for the Asia Cup...new to premier league ...a struggling side ..a role he wasn’t used too....bit daft to want a Brighton player to fail when you are a supporter

All of which have been repeatedly dismissed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I don’t think there are, no one wants a Brighton player to fail. But there are many including me who thought he was consistently shit enough to be deserving of that label despite those who said he wasn’t. Which is fine, everyone entitled to their opinion etc. It’s just the main flaw in their argument was they lacked eyes.

Maybe he’ll come good, but there’s no getting away from fact he was hopeless last season. Woeful. On Ancestry.com he was linked to George Weahs cousin. Let’s hope he’s had a transformation during the close season. But I fear he’s just not good enough at this level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t think there are, no one wants a Brighton player to fail. But there are many including me who thought he was consistently shit enough to be deserving of that label despite those who said he wasn’t. Which is fine, everyone entitled to their opinion etc. It’s just the main flaw in their argument was they lacked eyes.

Maybe he’ll come good, but there’s no getting away from fact he was hopeless last season. Woeful. On Ancestry.com he was linked to George Weahs cousin. Let’s hope he’s had a transformation during the close season. But I fear he’s just not good enough at this level.

So what if he has a better than average season now?

How would you view his performance last season?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So what if he has a better than average season now?

How would you view his performance last season?
You can’t re write the past, he was tragically bad last season. The end. Can’t defend the indefensible. But if he’s good this season then that would be rather refreshing wouldn’t it?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

This

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can’t re write the past, he was tragically bad last season. The end. Can’t defend the indefensible. But if he’s good this season then that would be rather refreshing wouldn’t it?

Precisely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Been saying ever since he signed that he'll be decent (I knew who he was before he came to us), he'll do well this season.

Feel you’re going to be wrong. Sorry. Unless he’s loaned out to a side in a far (physically) weaker division.
He’s been given a lot more chances than Leon Best and Ryan Harley we’re and not done anything above and beyond them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Tough crowd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So in summary, you are right because your eyes are better than mine? OK then :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So in summary, you are right because your eyes are better than mine? OK then :shrug:

Not necessarily but if you thought he wasn’t shit last season then perhaps you do need to see an optician, yes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here