Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best brekkie on the A303 to Devon

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are we now OFFICIALLY GrandadsNet? Seems more and more like it everyday, what with BG's neverending tech issues and HWT's always rubbish choice of tunes from the shitey eighties. Which to be fair were invariably Truly Madly Deeply CRAP. We're better than that shirkey? Sake! :rolleyes:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Grunching - but the quickest way to get to Cornwall does not involve stopping for niceties such as food, drink or comfort breaks...

Well I was thinking the same the OP has expressed a desire to get there as quick as possible.....don’t stop then?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Can I vote for Tangerine Cafe? Nothing at all to do with fact that my wife and I own it, but well worth a slight diversion via Crewkerne to A35 to get some REAL coffee and homemade food that is actually made on the premises. We do B&B too.

And only 6 miles from beach in AONB.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Been going down for over 28 years to visit family and now son, tried every way and it’s my preferred route . As a private hire driver doing 80,000 miles a year driving is all about what time you are on the road otherwise all roads are a pain . Try to leave Wisborough Green around 5am when we go
Over the time I been going down my best and worse times are 3 hours 15 mins I know shhhhhhh
And 7 hours 45 when I didn’t know any better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.
I recently left Heathfield on a Sunday morning at 6pm, down through Lewes and A27, M27,M3, A303.
Hardly stopped at all, but leave it until later and it can take bloody hours, especially through Stonehenge, and A27 through to Chicester.
BG, A272 is very scenic but it seems to go on forever until you get to Winchester.
But if you are in no hurry A272 and sneak down to A35 through Dorset and Devon, stopping off is a nice way to go.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep.
I recently left Heathfield on a Sunday morning at 6pm, down through Lewes and A27, M27,M3, A303.
Hardly stopped at all, but leave it until later and it can take bloody hours, especially through Stonehenge, and A27 through to Chicester.
BG, A272 is very scenic but it seems to go on forever until you get to Winchester.
But if you are in no hurry A272 and sneak down to A35 through Dorset and Devon, stopping off is a nice way to go.

A35 always quicker based on circa 30 trips :lol:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] will be best for advice on this.

He used to rave over a place near Chicklade run by Allan Lamb and Su Pollard.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Can I vote for Tangerine Cafe? Nothing at all to do with fact that my wife and I own it, but well worth a slight diversion via Crewkerne to A35 to get some REAL coffee and homemade food that is actually made on the premises. We do B&B too.

And only 6 miles from beach in AONB.

I have family in Crewkerne and the surrounding villages, so regularly go to that part of the country. We'll definitely stop by for some lunch, next time we're there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A35 always quicker based on circa 30 trips [emoji38]
A23, M25, M3, A303, M5 for me as long as you're not travelling in peak time (A303 liable to clogging particularly on Saturdays in school hols etc). Must have done Mid Sussex to Devon 100+ times.

Dining options vary over the years....like the pub on the A303 that seems to close down every 2 years then reopen under a new name. Heston's revamped place is definitely back to a standard Little Thief now. Was ok while it lasted but I guess people missed their Olympic Brekkie [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here