Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you offer Bruno and Bong new contracts?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Disappointing. Team is screaming out for quality after a shocking season.

We need first team signings this summer. We already have (in my opinion) a decent left-sided full back.

So this was just signing up our cover, who is decent at the basics and settled already. Good business for me.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I think this is sensible, he is cover and no more, Bernardo is our obvious first choice.

We need a major overhaul in the summer and we do not want to have to find an additional £5/10m plus for someone we are signing to sit on the bench. Far more pressing concerns in my eyes than our second choice left back.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bruno,yes.Class above most of the team,and still fit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Left back - as almost everyone else has said, with a finite budget, having Bernardo with backup of Bong is fine.

Right back - unless Montoya somehow ups the defensive side of his game (which was shockingly poor in our home defeats), we need a quality RB to give us what Bernardo does. Bernardo shouldn’t be switched across, he’s too important at LB. I’d love it if Bruno stays, unbelievably he’s still playing well and is the heart of the squad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good defender, glad he is staying. Recruitment team have far bigger issues than left back to focus on. All about priorities..........won't be any cash left for a new LB by the time the midfield and striker problems have been solved.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Would have liked the club to show more ambition with this and sign a better quality left back but as others have said our cash is better spent elsewhere. New right back, striker, centre mid, attacking centre mid to compete with Gross, and there's even an argument for a new winger if our current ones are deemed not good enough. That lot wont be cheap!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We need first team signings this summer. We already have (in my opinion) a decent left-sided full back.

So this was just signing up our cover, who is decent at the basics and settled already. Good business for me.

Seeing as we have had seven clean sheets this season (no mean feat in the Prem) and Bong has played in four of those, who is the cover?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
we presumably are looking for another right full back given our reported interest in Reece James.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Pleased we have retained Bong for another year. Interested to see if anyone comes in for Bernardo over the summer (I hope not) as I think a club that favours attacking full backs could see him as a pretty obvious fit.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think Bong's contract is sensible.

Bruno should get an additional year only if we stay up. As a back up/first choice for crunch games he is still an excellent choice.

Not sure he would be a sensible back up in the championship with the additional games.
A run of Tues/Saturday games if needed, would be a challenge.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon if Bruno is retiring it'll now be announced before the Man City game - and that'll be the occasion it couldn't have been if avoiding relegation was the focus.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I reckon if Bruno is retiring it'll now be announced before the Man City game - and that'll be the occasion it couldn't have been if avoiding relegation was the focus.

His most recent interview in The Argus strongly indicated that he would be retiring. He said that he'd made his decision. Now we're safe, I'd love him to announce it during the week, and he can lead the team out against City, and we can sing his name all game.
As much as he's adored, still people don't get quite how much he's done for the club. Legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here