Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] To top it off.......

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hope the bike thief pains painfully and slowly. Scum. Trouble is police don't even seem in the slightest bit inclined to investigate thefts.

Not sure that's true. I had a bike nicked from London Bridge and the police not only investigated it but got the bloke who robbed it (he'd snaffled about 20 bikes apparently). I actually got some compo - not enough to pay for the bike, it was only about £40 but it was something. The bike was insured but the excess was more than the bike was worth so I didn't bother claiming

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That first article is from 2007 I'm afraid.

There is only way to consistently catch these ****ers and thats with trap bikes with a tracker installed as per the second article (but they went bust). Plod had hundreds of these bikes nationwide but when the Police cuts came the teams who dealt with this sort of stuff were disbanded and the equipment now gathers dust.

When the Govt did the Austerity stuff they moved the goal posts in relation to acquisitive crime....they stopped making it a priority as they knew it would go through the roof. That includes vehicle crime.

Hmmmm

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2019/04/12/brighton-bike-thief-trapped-by-police-using-tracker/

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The bike rack by my work can get quite full. One day some scrote went through the rack and (depending on what was chained up and what wasn't) stole a front wheel from 1 bike, a rear wheel from another and a frame. Screwed over 3 different people to get themselves a whole bike.

Not even the grips were safe, those £1 plastic ones from Halfords - even had those nicked. Ridiculous! So I can we’ll belive your story, probably happens frequently around the country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Partly true. But I've had 2nd rust buckets that cost me £40 nicked. If there's not a decent deterrent (strong lock) then they'll nick anything. 1 had 2 locks bolt cut off it..

My current bike was well locked up so they cut the brake cables out of spite..
What ********s. What a crap country this is becoming.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
You could try looking for it on Gumtree although being stolen from a train station, I suppose it could be anywhere between London and the south coast. What sort of chain/shackle did you use? Whatever it was, it's still going to be vulnerable to battery angle grinders; they must be a game-changer.

Yes look out for it on Gumtree. I know someone who spotted their stolen bike on there and managed to get it back ( at no cost).

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Got back to Burgess Hill train station last night already in a bad mood to find my mountain bike had been stolen from the cycle racks.

It was padlocked and under station CCTV.

This was my work transport and my means of trying to keep fit.

Gutted beyond words really. It's been reported to British Transport Police and it is insured but that's not the point.

I work ****ing hard for things and some thieving **** thinks they can just take it.

I've got a lot on my plate right now and this is the last ****ing thing I need.

Ha ha push bike rider. That has cheered me up!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Stop being a dick, why are you mocking someone else’s misfortune with all the problems it’s clearly causing? Pretty low.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What ********s. What a crap country this is becoming.

Has a 30 quid bike nicked from outside my flat in Brixton in 1986. Nothing changes. Scrotes are part of nature's way of reminding us of our superiority.

Still, as I mentioned on another thread a while back, when people do me down they get it back in magical spades. My bike thief is inevitably dead by now. Probably via something agonizing. I just shrugged and felt a moment of pity for the soppy sod. Seconds later, I walked to work.

What doesn't kill you....

Hope you get some resolution [MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION], even if only at the thought of what a total useles hated friendless arse your bike thief must be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No you are looking in a mirror. Keyboard fu cking warrior.

I think you may soon be spending more time alone with you **** mags, sonny :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stop being a dick, why are you mocking someone else’s misfortune with all the problems it’s clearly causing? Pretty low.

If you bought a cat with that attitude, you'd take it round the back with half a housebrick. What a complete melt.

I really don't get this comment. One sick comment from a fellow Albion fan. Hope you and Spongy never meet because I hope he will lay u out for that comment.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Got back to Burgess Hill train station last night already in a bad mood to find my mountain bike had been stolen from the cycle racks.

It was padlocked and under station CCTV.

This was my work transport and my means of trying to keep fit.

Gutted beyond words really. It's been reported to British Transport Police and it is insured but that's not the point.

I work ****ing hard for things and some thieving **** thinks they can just take it.

I've got a lot on my plate right now and this is the last ****ing thing I need.

Burgess Hill. though. Society is broke.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here