Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Corbyn tried to bring it up but the interviewer tried to avoid any mention

Indeed she did. (Un)believable. I don't think Marr mentioned it to Raab either.

Quite how it isn't the headline onall news programmes is astonishing.

A vote for the Tories is a vote for evil policies at the moment. It's undeniable, though of course they have tried to deny it because they are ***** (that's the c word).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-welfare-cuts-un-poverty-envoy-philip-alston

Reducing poverty was one of the specific legacy goals of the 2012 Olympic Games, which Newham helped host. Between 2010 and 2015, the borough rose out of the 20 most deprived neighbourhoods in England, but local activists say this improvement was not spread evenly across the borough, with areas directly around the sporting venues enjoying increased prosperity while others suffered.
Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
Read more

Last year, child poverty in the borough was the third worst in the UK behind Tower Hamlets and Manchester. After housing costs, 43% of children were living below the poverty line, according to analysis of official figures by the charity End Child Poverty.
One woman with a baby strapped to her back spoke through tears about how she fled domestic violence only to be made to wait for 20 hours at a social security office where she became so hungry she had to drink her child’s milk.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I was a remainer but MPs whatever there views were have a duty to carry out result of referendum. Referendum was not political and all parties once result was out had a duty to get involved in an agreement. Corbyn has just seen this as an opportunity to instead of offering some support to bring down government. Because of this I will never vote labour again. He told us he would offer new style of politics. This must the hardest thing any government has had to deal with and dont think it has helped him been critical of everything.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was a remainer but MPs whatever there views were have a duty to carry out result of referendum. Referendum was not political and all parties once result was out had a duty to get involved in an agreement. Corbyn has just seen this as an opportunity to instead of offering some support to bring down government. Because of this I will never vote labour again. He told us he would offer new style of politics. This must the hardest thing any government has had to deal with and dont think it has helped him been critical of everything.

Of course Tories in the same position if Labour were governing would never attempt to bring down that Labour government. Quite obviously the likes of Grieve, Soubrey, Rees-Mogg Johnson and Gove would quickly pull together and unite to support Labour in their negotiations. :dunce:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Of course Tories in the same position if Labour were governing would never attempt to bring down that Labour government. Quite obviously the likes of Grieve, Soubrey, Rees-Mogg Johnson and Gove would quickly pull together and unite to support Labour in their negotiations. :dunce:

Exactly, I think it heightens the need for re-education camps under the new Labour government where the stupid like the poster above and the likes of Cameron can be taught the errors of their ways

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was a remainer but MPs whatever there views were have a duty to carry out result of referendum.

As has been said a million times now, no one really knows what the result implied. Out of the EU, which is what the question was, means quite different things to different people. On this thread alone Leaver [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] has stated Norway will be fine with him whereas others see this as still being in the EU. The issue is not so much carrying out the will of the people....but what actually is the will of the people.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Corbyn tried to bring it up but the interviewer tried to avoid any mention

Are you pro-Corbyn again, incidentally?

I wouldn't vote for Corbyn in any further leadership election, there needs to be a leader who has authority and can actually lead. The experiment has failed at great costs to people's lives

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Indeed she did. (Un)believable. I don't think Marr mentioned it to Raab either.

Quite how it isn't the headline onall news programmes is astonishing.

A vote for the Tories is a vote for evil policies at the moment. It's undeniable, though of course they have tried to deny it because they are ***** (that's the c word).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-welfare-cuts-un-poverty-envoy-philip-alston

most of them really are out of touch , self serving ********......not just the tories although they are bad but most politicians are corrupt , thieving ********.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As has been said a million times now, no one really knows what the result implied. Out of the EU, which is what the question was, means quite different things to different people. On this thread alone Leaver [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] has stated Norway will be fine with him whereas others see this as still being in the EU. The issue is not so much carrying out the will of the people....but what actually is the will of the people.

i didn't think Norway was in the EU...?? is it...?? if so how has it managed to hold on to so much of its oil and gas money ....?? how come it hasn't been rinsed by Brussels...??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i didn't think Norway was in the EU...?? is it...?? if so how has it managed to hold on to so much of its oil and gas money ....?? how come it hasn't been rinsed by Brussels...??

Norway isn’t in the EU but some view the Norway model as good as being in the EU.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You’re just making stuff up now. I never said she didn’t try to get the best deal she could. I said she has no integrity as she voted remain and is negotiating to leave. She should have stepped down. Not that anyone else would have done a better job, Brexit is a fundamentally flawed concept.

Do you find Corbyn and McDonnell’s lifelong opposition of the EU as a club for big business and their yearning for an independent UK, flawed too?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe I'm just being over sensitive. I think the way it was worded made it seem worse to me, as you were likening the dwarfs to a very bad bunch.

That wasn’t the intention - more that Dwarfs aren’t known for being tall.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Looks like the same people who got fooled in 2016 are getting fooled again.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe I'm just being over sensitive. I think the way it was worded made it seem worse to me, as you were likening the dwarfs to a very bad bunch.

Says the man who posted a "joke" about Catholic paedophiles.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Says the man who posted a "joke" about Catholic paedophiles.
I don't get your comparison. I'm against paedophiles, and don't mind making jokes at their expense. I'm not against dwarfs or other minority groups and don't like jokes that may seem to be at their expense.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't get your comparison. I'm against paedophiles, and don't mind making jokes at their expense. I'm not against dwarfs or other minority groups and don't like jokes that may seem to be at their expense.

Why does that not surprise me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here