Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Liam Rosenior gone DOWN in your ESTIMATION ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sun sport has some highly intelligent and well-educated writers. They just manage to disguise it. I happen to know that one got a first in Classics at Oxford, yet his first column for the Currant was full of 'hands-off warnings' and 'come-and-get-me pleas'. Looking at it another way, you could say that they wear their learning lightly and prefer not to show off as much as some broadsheet journos. Matthew Syed springs to mind; he once had an entire page-length Pseud's Corner all to himself.

They'd all be able to spell 'sentence' correctly, though ...

Oh that's interesting.....and ye I am hopeless at speling

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
This is the part I find saddest, principles have been thrown out of everyones windows. I guess I was wrong to care
What's it like looking down on everyone from atop your moral pedastal?

I don't like The Sun but I do like Liam Rosenior, I do subscribe to Sky but I can't stand Rupert Murdoch, so where do I sit on the scale?

It's not all black and white, I choose to not give The Sun my money but I'm not going to judge others that do any more than I would if it was the Daily Mail as I don't expect other people to live up to my own principles. It would be nice if they did but I don't think it's particularly likely to happen.

TL:DR; Get over yourself you sanctimonious windbag, you're welcome to your opinion but don't act like the only sane man when it's not universally acclaimed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a significant difference between...

1. Starting a thread saying something like "I see Liam Rosenior has started writing a column in The Sun. As such an eloquent chap, I'm a bit surprised he has chosen to write for a newspaper with such a questionable past on footballing matters, including the Hillsborough disaster of course. What does everyone else think?"

...and....

2. Both starting a thread here and also taking to Twitter, tagging him in and using a couple of hashtags that are likely to draw attention and, possibly, abuse in his direction.

This isn't Kemy Agustien we're talking about, this is Liam Rosenior, a player who has drawn widespread admiration from everyone since he joined the club. It feels uncalled for.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Isn't Ernest a second account for somebody on here, it would be interesting to know what his other user name is.
Nope. He has second accounts but this is him. E Block Ernie back in the day and still the same 'joke' umpteen years on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here