Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strictly. A fix?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Johnnie Peacock is incredible. Last week he did a jive, with a blade this week a Paso Doble (sp) with his normal prosethic leg.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
BBC at it again to get the viewing figures up by putting Debbie McGhee , who was a professional dancer and choreographer, in the contest with people who have obviously never danced in their lives. Wife is fuming and hoping for her to make a mistake.

Yes she has a huge advantage as an ex dancer but as others have said many on the show have been through stage school or taught dancing at some stage, but last years winner had not danced a step.
Back to Debbie, I like her, a true showbiz pro but (and I may be wrong here) not only is she an ex dancer but since the death of Paul Daniels, is probably not doing much at the moment and had all the time in the world to practice in her huge riverside house probably with its own dance studio.
Don't care though it's all a bit of Saturday fun and I like it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
However yet again the British public in last weeks vote decide that they don't want a black celebrity in the show just as they have in previous years.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
However yet again the British public in last weeks vote decide that they don't want a black celebrity in the show just as they have in previous years.

Didn’t a black celebrity win it last year?...

But don’t let your casual racism get in the way of your awful point.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Didn’t a black celebrity win it last year?...

But don’t let your casual racism get in the way of your awful point.

Just look back at who as gone out in the early rounds over the past few seasons. First 3 rounds last year all non whites out. If you don't like the facts tough.

This will jog your memory

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-faces-another-11271371.amp#ampshare=http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-faces-another-11271371

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Burke and the JLS bloke should never be in it. Both have had recent professional choreography instruction in their careers and are miles ahead of the rest.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Johnnie Peacock is incredible. Last week he did a jive, with a blade this week a Paso Doble (sp) with his normal prosethic leg.

He has been very good however I thought his footwork on last night's dance was poor. Whilst it's amazing that he can dance at all I suspect his footwork wont be criticised all season for fear of public reaction.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes she has a huge advantage as an ex dancer but as others have said many on the show have been through stage school or taught dancing at some stage, but last years winner had not danced a step.
Back to Debbie, I like her, a true showbiz pro but (and I may be wrong here) not only is she an ex dancer but since the death of Paul Daniels, is probably not doing much at the moment and had all the time in the world to practice in her huge riverside house probably with its own dance studio.
Don't care though it's all a bit of Saturday fun and I like it.

Debbie is now Debbie, rather than Paul Daniel's widow. She is incredible for her age, ballet training or not, she is very supple, and flexible.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just look back at who as gone out in the early rounds over the past few seasons. First 3 rounds last year all non whites out. If you don't like the facts tough.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-faces-another-11271371.amp#ampshare=http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-faces-another-11271371

The public put Chizzy in the bottom 2, after the dance off its the judges that voted her out and it has never crossed my mind that they are even slightly racist.
Last year a black non dancer won it.
However, it is noticeable that black contestants do end up in the bottom 2 early doors, but maybe it's because they have trouble putting one foot in front of the other in time to some music.
No way will Alexandra Burke or the JLS guy leave for quite some time and one will possibly win it.
It's just some entertainment otherwise John Sergeant would have gone week one if it was a serious dance competition.
A lot of it is down to who people like, Brian Conley is popular (but not with me, big headed ****) but I do not know who Chizzy is and let's face it she danced like a sofa, Conley was/is slightly better but both had huge personalities.
By the way that long legged, full breasted, beautiful pro dancer from South Africa makes me froth at the mouth, what a filly she is.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

You’re right. The great British public voted out all the ethnic minorities because we hate ethnics, but made the fatal mistake of failing to vote out the last remaining ethnic minority contestant who, coincidentally, won enough votes to then win the competition.

I also seem to remember another young ethnic minority lady (the gymnast) getting all the way to the semis last year? And, if I’m not mistaken, one of the female dancers in the final is also part of an ethnic minority.

But hey, continue to find racism where it doesn’t exist so we can all feel sorry for ethnic minorities.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why does everybody immediately cry racism if a person of the ethnic fraternity are brought to task. She was voted out because she was very poor and was one of about 3 that could have been voted out, nothing whatsoever to do with colour. If it was a colour issue I would expect Alexandra Burke to go out tonight but I doubt that very much.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I don't watch the programme but my wife does so I asked her as the issue you raised did make me wonder. However the public don't actually vote off anybody. They vote for who they want to keep in so while the majority are obviously picking a non black dancer which is obviously at the expense of a black dancer, it is also at the expense of the other non black dancers who they didn't pick so I don't think that can be consciously racist. Well I hope not anyway. It is the judges who vote off the contestant after a dance off so if there are any accusations of racism it should be directed at the judges not the public. However their vote is hopefully based on the qualities of the dance off. As I don't watch the programme I couldn't comment if their final judgement is generally fair or not or tainted by racism. I would think not as, unlike the public, they are voting in the public eye so would be more inclined not to be seen to be racist if anything, but hopefully that consideration never even enters their heads.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
All the ethnic minority contestants went through this week, unless either vicars or scousers count under that heading.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here