Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You sound tetchy... again.

Not in the slightest. In fact I find it very amusing when remainers suggest acting like a six year old child - it says an awful lot about their mindset ( if I ignore it, it might go away ). :lol:

It's even funnier when remainers do actually sulk .... like Child of Sussex :lol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Only because you're too stupid to tick the box that keeps you logged in. Or, of course, because you have multiple accounts ..... ahhhh !

No, it's simply because I don't always bother to log in - I don't log in to the BBC website if I can help it for example. This is the only account I've ever had on NSC - I was a long time reader, like a lot of people who don't have an account on here and therefore never log in either, of the site long before I joined in 2016.

I've taken you off ignore because I know from your reaction to others putting you on it how much it traumatises you, but I must add that knowing what you get up to at Bristol Health Spa Gardens and your views on what is acceptable on Hove beach - please don't get any inappropriate ideas as a result.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, it's simply because I don't always bother to log in - I don't log in to the BBC website if I can help it for example. This is the only account I've ever had on NSC - I was a long time reader, like a lot of people who don't have an account on here and therefore never log in either, of the site long before I joined in 2016.

I've taken you off ignore because I know from your reaction to others putting you on it how much it traumatises you, but I must add that knowing what you get up to at Bristol Health Spa Gardens and your views on what is acceptable on Hove beach - please don't get any inappropriate ideas as a result.

Oh, glorious day, thank you so so much. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

It's rather touching that you pay so much attention to what I post. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not in the slightest. In fact I find it very amusing when remainers suggest acting like a six year old child - it says an awful lot about their mindset ( if I ignore it, it might go away ). :lol:

It's even funnier when remainers do actually sulk .... like Child of Sussex :lol:

That's better! Never lose your sense of humour; THAT'S taking back control!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Oh no, we are in danger of going round in circles again..... and you continue to seek to impose an option on nearly half the country (if not more) that it really doesn't want! Why not revoke article 50 to take off immediate time pressure and decide what option can bring a divided nation together?

The nation has been divided for years and no deal concerning Brexit is going to fix that.
Now that the Brexit argument has polarised opinion, whole swathes of the middle class now decide that there is a serious divide in the country. Happy to reap the benefits of the get rich quick 80's, four/five car families, all kids at Uni and three holidays a year. Now that is potentially threatened, we have a problem. No thoughts were turning to the less affluent Midlands and North and its industrial wasteland and community disintegration when times were great.I didn't hear them being called a bunch of racist thicko's then. Now we have the dark cloud of Leave looming, we find we have second class citizens in this country, not intelligent enough to understand what is going on.
The divide is as much one of attitude as of status/finance/wealth/lifestyle etc.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The nation has been divided for years and no deal concerning Brexit is going to fix that.
Now that the Brexit argument has polarised opinion, whole swathes of the middle class now decide that there is a serious divide in the country. Happy to reap the benefits of the get rich quick 80's, four/five car families, all kids at Uni and three holidays a year. Now that is potentially threatened, we have a problem. No thoughts were turning to the less affluent Midlands and North and its industrial wasteland and community disintegration when times were great.I didn't hear them being called a bunch of racist thicko's then. Now we have the dark cloud of Leave looming, we find we have second class citizens in this country, not intelligent enough to understand what is going on.
The divide is as much one of attitude as of status/finance/wealth/lifestyle etc.

Well expressed... so as a nation we need to consult and then act on these massive injustices; I agree! Corralling us into a choice that will alienate half the population (whatever option we take) will only deepen the rift.
By the way, as a teacher for several years in an 'Education priority area' school in Walsall I was very aware of the divide you refer to.....

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

The demonetisation of the people you're referring to - people from the North, Midlands, South Wales, deprived coastal towns etc - was going on long before Brexit. Benefit claimants for example have been vilified by the right wing press in this country for decades, and the stigmatisation of such people has too. Granted, there are different sorts of people doing it now and it's being expressed in a different way, but the inherent and entrenched views are there on both sides - only last week on this thread a few leave voters were getting all excited about immigrants claiming benefits, which resulted in a comment that our own 'workshy' should be out picking fruit. It's pointless trying to point out that farmers want young, fit, healthy, farms workers who have experience of working on family small holdings abroad to do that labour and not someone from a Job Centre Plus. I wouldn't want them to actually endure the horror and stigma of going into a Job Centre Plus in a deprived coastal town for example, but maybe walking past one and glancing at the people smoking outside would enlighten them as to what I mean.

The problem is I can't for the life of me see how Brexit will end austerity and result in increased levels of FDI, public spending or investment in such areas and improve anyone's lot. I see no benefit, economic or otherwise, whatsoever and for some reason I really can't see the wealthy, right wing Brexit 'believers' in The Tory Party and Brexit Party who want to turn this country into Singapore helping such people. Turkeys have voted for Christmas.

Still, what I do I know about it - I'm from a deprived coastal town that voted leave, that has high levels of unemployment, food bank dependency, benefit reliance, substance dependency and most of my family live north of the Watford Gap...........

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Im not far right and it’s a funny as hell trope, look at how it winds soys up so much they feel they need to flag its use, sometimes those so wound up and aggrieved even moan that the people that are promoters and users of drinks containing soy,because they must be drinking the soy in the product they promote are unhinged and crackpots…..that own goal never gets old. It’s a win win everytime these moaners moan about the term being used, even more so when they say they admit they find it an insult.

Bloody hell. I know you missed TB's point spectacularly on the TR thread but this is next level.
It's not a drink you moron, it's a snake oil. And sold, here in the most excruciatingly embarrassing fashion by your soyboy taunting hero, PJW. Really, if he had donned a mankini and got down on all fours to bark for pennies he would have retained a slither more of his dignity than he did by making that commercial! Well, he works for infowars, what do you expect. The fact it contains soy is, a very amusing, aside to the total plum he makes himself look. To people with social skills anyway.

And it is a far right trope. It's also an alt-right trope. And an incel trope, and well, lots of other people use it too. If you were to draw a venn diagram of the groups who use it the intersection in the middle would probably read; 'Losers (male)'.

So, on NSC, Das Reich uses it, lets put him down in the nazi/far right camp, and, er, you do. You say your not far right, but I know you like the whole nazi imagery is funny thing, shall we just say incel/alt-right-curious?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To clarify if remainers reliant on the EU loose their jobs I do not care. Find another one after we have left. Clear enough for you?

[TWEET]1150754159706214402[/TWEET]

Gatiore

Jul 12, 2019
I have some friends who changed their mind and some who still think the same as during the first vote. It's really not an easy choice for some people.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent summary of the current Brexit position by SKY

Sky Brexit countdown.jpg

It's got to the point where the 'current plan' is so ridiculous, they can't even be arsed to reset their Brexit countdown clock this time. Tick-Tock indeed :laugh:

https://interactive.news.sky.com/2017/brexit-countdown/

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[TWEET]1150754159706214402[/TWEET]

People are getting groomed and in the background the abusers are laughing all the way to the bank, while pretending to be on their side.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
go outside things are moving as normal.

Excellent. Sounds like a wonderful advert for not leaving the EU then. Why on earth would we want to change that?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bloody hell. I know you missed TB's point spectacularly on the TR thread but this is next level.
It's not a drink you moron, it's a snake oil. And sold, here in the most excruciatingly embarrassing fashion by your soyboy taunting hero, PJW. Really, if he had donned a mankini and got down on all fours to bark for pennies he would have retained a slither more of his dignity than he did by making that commercial! Well, he works for infowars, what do you expect. The fact it contains soy is, a very amusing, aside to the total plum he makes himself look. To people with social skills anyway.

And it is a far right trope. It's also an alt-right trope. And an incel trope, and well, lots of other people use it too. If you were to draw a venn diagram of the groups who use it the intersection in the middle would probably read; 'Losers (male)'.

So, on NSC, Das Reich uses it, lets put him down in the nazi/far right camp, and, er, you do. You say your not far right, but I know you like the whole nazi imagery is funny thing, shall we just say incel/alt-right-curious?

I just Googled the phrase 'soy boy' and upon reading various definitions explaining that its a right wing trope as well, it was the one line below on Urban Dictionary that made me understand entirely why pasta uses the term:

'The term is typically used by frustrated involuntarily celibate white males who portray themselves as victims of those who reduce their arguments by calling them Nazis and racists; these males tend to have no self-awareness of the irony that they themselves are doing the exact same thing by calling their opposition soy boys.'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here