Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jay Molumby

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Haven't seen too much of him, but he's extremely mobile so, if we were to pick any of those, a box-to-box would be closest.
Excellent. It seems we are well covered in central midfield if we introduce Molumby and Băluţă ( probably not in Austria, having a break ) into the squad.

Which means in midfield we are perhaps just another more central attacking option light.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Haven't seen too much of him, but he's extremely mobile so, if we were to pick any of those, a box-to-box would be closest.

I think a little like Jordan Henderson, but less mental (and not as good - yet).

Wouldn’t have said he was a box to box style player, more like Davy Propper IMO, I’ve seen him a dozen or so times.

Very good passer.

He came on during pre-season at Oxford a few seasons ago (?when he was 16), and played a lively ball inside their FB that led to a goal.

Rate him very highly and hope he gets the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent. It seems we are well covered in central midfield if we introduce Molumby and Băluţă ( probably not in Austria, having a break ) into the squad.

Which means in midfield we are perhaps just another more central attacking option light.
Much as I would like and hope to see some of our youngsters breaking through to the first team, we still seriously, seriously need to break our transfer record on a really good CM as our top priority in this window.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm sure GP will notice from what he saw last season on the videos and what he is seeing now that we need a strong presence in Midfield who will be able to impose himself and dictate the play. If Kayal was 5 years younger he would have been ideal.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Agreed... cue Chris-lover defence leaping...

OK - as you asked I'll bite.
Which specific game do you think Molumby should have been involved in this season that he wasn't?
He was INJURED pretty much the whole season.
You want to criticise CH go for it but base it on f***ing facts

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Molumby and Connolly in Austria, says Naylor.

I've not seen Molumby play. Can anyone tell me if he is a defensive mf, a box-to-box-er, or a more central attacking midfielder ?

Where has Naylor actually said this? Connolly is definitely out in Austria, but I haven't seen Molumby in any of the photos or video posted so far.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Do we know if there are any other u23 out there in Austria? such as Gyokeres, Ostigard, Cox, Sanchez or Sanders. On a side note, did anyone see that picture of all of our keepers and noticed how big of a unit Sanchez is now?

Based upon photos/video posted so far, there are 5 outfield "development squad" youngsters out there plus goalkeeper Sanchez: Max Sanders (wearing no. 12), Steven Alzate (19), Viktor Gyokeres (25), Aaron Connolly (28) and Jan Mlakar (18).

No sign of Molumby, Ostigard, Cox, Ahannach or any others.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Based upon photos/video posted so far, there are 5 outfield "development squad" youngsters out there plus goalkeeper Sanchez: Max Sanders (wearing no. 12), Steven Alzate (19), Viktor Gyokeres (25), Aaron Connolly (28) and Jan Mlakar (18).

Given time off due to European involvement? I assume it’s not just first teamers given that kind of treatment?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Given time off due to European involvement? I assume it’s not just first teamers given that kind of treatment?

Are you talking about Molumby?

He was in training last week, and Connolly is out in Austria who was in the same side as him in the Toulon Tournament!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Ostigard, Cox and Ahannach confirmed as being in Portugal with the U-23s.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Looking forward to seeing Aaron and Ben White in the Championship this season. Cox, Molumby and Sanchez should be L1 players this year I'd estimate.
Will be interesting to see if Walton is still with the club come deadline day.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Alzate. Excellent news.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
OK - as you asked I'll bite.
Which specific game do you think Molumby should have been involved in this season that he wasn't?
He was INJURED pretty much the whole season.
You want to criticise CH go for it but base it on f***ing facts

3 in 23 fact.

Who really got a chance from the U23s under Chris? Let’s see if they do so under Graham, eh?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here