Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Beating HWT To The Sunday Punch - Drop Dead GORGEOUS Feelgood One Hit Wonders

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These Oirish loveliies were a thing back in 1997/8 season. Saw them in some daft Party In The Park showcase thing across the road in the park.

Crowd went head-mental and demanded an encore. So... they sang it again, bless :lolol:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
These Oirish loveliies were a thing back in 1997/8 season. Saw them in some daft Party In The Park showcase thing across the road in the park.

Crowd went head-mental and demanded an encore. So... they sang it again, bless :lolol:

Whilst this is their most famous, they had 3 other UK number 1s and another 2 singles in the top 5...

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Psychedelic Furs - Pretty In Pink

Having been mocked by people who ought to know better for naming tracks by bands who have had more than one 'hit'......

It behoves me to point out that the Psychedelic Furs have had eleven chart 'hits' (top 100 in the UK) and two in the top 30 (a more conventional view of hit perhaps) including this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G_CAYf-itw

They also had another top 30 'hit' in the US main charts. However they have not had any top ten hits (more akin to what I would call a 'hit) and that includes your selection (a smash at number 18). So they are probably better described as no hit wonders.

Just sayin' like. :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Weaver's answer, too. But neither got in the UK top ten. Did the OP define what he meant by 'hit', or was he too busy mocking me? ???

I’ve been operating on the basis that is has to have made the top 10. Number 40 is hardly a “hit” is it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ve been operating on the basis that is has to have made the top 10. Number 40 is hardly a “hit” is it?

So Family's "in my own time", was the only top ten Family single. So they were a one hit wonder band, and In my own Time is a cracking track, and I was correct to post it. Who knew? ??? :shrug: :lolol:

Edit, and the OP's original suggestion, a single by Psychedlic Furs wasn't a hit by this definition. This thread is going well :hilton:

Edit edit, just had a check to see which twit started this thread. Aha, [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]. Should have known :facepalm::lolol::rock:

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

So I can ignore

White Riot
Complete Control
Clash City Rockers
(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais
Tommy Gun
English Civil War
The Cost Of Living EP
London Calling
Bankrobber
The Call Up
Hitsville UK
The Magnificent Seven
This Is Radio Clash
Know Your Rights
Rock The Casbah
Should I Stay Or Should I Go/Straight To Hell (Double A side)
This Is England
I Fought The Law
Return To Brixton

As their only hit was following the use in a commercial

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So I can ignore

White Riot
Complete Control
Clash City Rockers
(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais
Tommy Gun
English Civil War
The Cost Of Living EP
London Calling
Bankrobber
The Call Up
Hitsville UK
The Magnificent Seven
This Is Radio Clash
Know Your Rights
Rock The Casbah
Should I Stay Or Should I Go/Straight To Hell (Double A side)
This Is England
I Fought The Law
Return To Brixton

As their only hit was following the use in a commercial

They’re the parameters that I’ve been going by, I’m not the OP so they may not be right :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They’re the parameters that I’ve been going by, I’m not the OP so they may not be right :lolol:

Since the OP was carelessly vague with his guidance, perhaps this thread would benefit from a poll to dertermine the criteria for judging (or adjudging) what cosntitutes a hit. Otherwise, this thread is basically useless.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Since the OP was carelessly vague with his guidance, perhaps this thread would benefit from a poll to dertermine the criteria for judging (or adjudging) what cosntitutes a hit. Otherwise, this thread is basically useless.

I think you are taking this all a little too seriously and have been wounded by THPP :wink:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Alessi Brothers - Oh Lori

Plus I know it wasn't their only hit but this is just so different from everything else they did.

Looking out for number 1

Zager and Evans - In the year 2525
(We'll soon see how close you were guys)

Wow! Billy Preston. Haven't heard that one for an age.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having been mocked by people who ought to know better for naming tracks by bands who have had more than one 'hit'......

It behoves me to point out that the Psychedelic Furs have had eleven chart 'hits' (top 100 in the UK) and two in the top 30 (a more conventional view of hit perhaps) including this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G_CAYf-itw

They also had another top 30 'hit' in the US main charts. However they have not had any top ten hits (more akin to what I would call a 'hit) and that includes your selection (a smash at number 18). So they are probably better described as no hit wonders.

Just sayin' like. :rolleyes:

Echoing my comment and video on the Furs in post #25, echoing, echoing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here