Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toughest pubs in Britain

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The Dorsten in Bewbush Crawley and The Imperial in Broadfield Crawley.
Horrible council estate pubs full of chavscum, if you're not recognised in there you can expect grief.
Palarse/Chelsea inbred w*nkers!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wookie. Did those pubs used to be called the Bull and Bush and the Mark Lennon?

If so, I agree 100%

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Buzza said:
Wookie. Did those pubs used to be called the Bull and Bush and the Mark Lennon?

If so, I agree 100%

Not sure Buzza, as I only moved to Crawley a couple of years ago.
I once popped in The Dorsten for a pint on my own, minding my own business sitting reading the paper and a glass came flying acroos the pub towards me.
'You aint from round ere are ya' somebody growled to me.
I left under a shower of glasses and pool balls.

Tossers!!

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Worst pub i've been in was The Old Kent Gin Palce on the Old Kent Road before it was pulled down, no idea why we ended up in there but it was just terrible.

Gull Downunder

Jul 7, 2003
Melbourne
We're going back twenty odd years ago now, but the Eagle and Child on Merseyside, can't remember the suburb, might have been Fazakerly [spelling], but was a real rough place. Can't believe I had a pint there without getting a good tonking! :eek:

A number along the Dock Road were also pretty dire and it was best to keep out of any in Bootle and Toxteth if you sounded like I did back then. They hated us southern gits back then... don't suppose its much different today.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Many of you will remember the Bosun in West Street. But, if we’re talking about current pubs I’d have thought a few in Newhaven would be at the top of the list?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The pub I first went into and was a regular of was known as the ''Flying Tumbler'' - And Boy did it live up to it's name

Had a group of guys in there known affectionately as the '' GrouseBeaters'' - After this advert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQElEerJfNE

They used to go ferreting and rabbit hunting and they all had little Jack Russell dogs and they used to hang the dead rabbits on the little coat hooks under the bar and the Jack Russell dogs used to collectively attack and bite peoples legs a they walked into the pub

I went up home recently and met my mates in there for Nostalgia - It was empty apart from me and my mates. I casually asked - ''Are any of the Grousebeaters'' still alive ? - The response was ''Don't be daft wee man, I don't think any of them got beyond 55

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Queens Park Tavern always had a bit of a name for itself. I avoided going there.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Law of averages says that drinking alcohol + groups of male strangers = violence will ensue at some point.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Avondale in Plymouth ain't for one minute hard - its just a place for the Jan Dockies to go for lunch. The Pennycomequick is worse than that - I expect a few of you have been in there.

wcnige

I remember having a pre match drink round your house (if you are who I think you are) before the promotion match at Home Park. That was shit-your-pants scarey, I can tell you. :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You had to be well hard to go into the Eclipse on match days , The Dartboard and toilet location made a real man out of you when you take a slash then forget there's 20 pissed up blokes playing mickey mouse lobbing sharp pointy objects at mainly the wall rather than the dart board !

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You had to be well hard to go into the Eclipse on match days , The Dartboard and toilet location made a real man out of you when you take a slash then forget there's 20 pissed up blokes playing mickey mouse lobbing sharp pointy objects at mainly the wall rather than the dart board !

That was usually my pub of choice on matchdays or the Exchange Stadium Maytree or The Sackville as it was known then. IIRC The Sackville used to have a disco called BooBoos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here