Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looks like Steve Baker wants to go full on Chuck Norris with a bulldozer- As many as 30 ERG hardcore being reported as being with him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not really. That was started because they couldn't get agreement on May's deal.

Many involved tonight on the Tory side voted for it.

If you look at the numbers, it could be (very basically) Tories v Labour. DUP have pulled out.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

All news channels reporting that circa 25 Labour MP’s (in seats with a large Brexit vote) will vote for MV3 and all other indicative votes that deliver our exit from the EU.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That's a simplistic view in itself, because people don't vote that way and if the person in question is unfit to run the Country, it would be lunacy to vote for their party.

He's ruined the Labour Party's chances IMHO. So much wrong about him, too much to debate here, and off topic too.

I actually said sadly often people do vote that way i.e. I don't disagree with you about how people make their choices! My point is that it should not be some kind of metaphorical 'beauty contest' of party leadership; at the moment I do not believe there is a personality from any Party equipped to 'run the country' well.

I don't support Corbyn any more than you do; I also have no time for May. But the parties are not embodied in one person and it is facile to think of it in that way.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All news channels reporting that circa 25 Labour MP’s (in seats with a large Brexit vote) will vote for MV3 and all other indicative votes that deliver our exit from the EU.
However Peston is reporting the some within ERG have hardened their stance.

All MPs are gonna have different motivations. Voting for May's deal puts the hardliners in their place.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well JC Footy Genius will get a result then. (Albeit very short term :lolol:)

Just when you're feelings for Brexiters couldn't get much lower, they potentially land us with Gove as PM.

What the fook are we supposed to do?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm guessing we must be getting fairly close to that point we've all been told about where the EU are going to blink and back down now?

Any day now, we'll show them :facepalm:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I'm guessing we must be getting fairly close to that point we've all been told about where the EU are going to blink and back down now?

Any day now, we'll show them :facepalm:

It's because the Germans want to sell us lots of cars, the French want to sell us cheese, and the Italians want to sell us lots of prosecco.

We were told.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Is the dream of a 2nd referendum which seems to be the most popular view on here becoming less likely after the last few days?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No DUP statement tonight and they're not budging on The WA. They might be stuck in 1690 but at least they've got principles.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is the dream of a 2nd referendum which seems to be the most popular view on here becoming less likely after the last few days?

I don’t think it’s ever been that likely.

However, I think revocation of Article 50 is slowly looking more likely as time passes. I don’t know what’s been said behind closed doors, but most of the ERG/Hard Brexiteers appear to be acting very much like they’ve been told it’s May’s Deal or No Brexit.

And May’s deal will only even get to a MV3 if it is significantly changed (ie softened). Could be wrong, could be wishful thinking but I think the ERG have massively overplayed their hand and might have ****ed thenselves right over, leading to either a very Soft Brexit or No Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here