Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But if we're going to play a more mobile centre forward, we already have Andone and Locadia. I agree that Maupay looks a very handy finisher, but you can make the same argument for Locadia. Give him those chances in the box and he takes them. I don't strongly rate him outside the box, but inside the box, the man is a finisher.

Andone can do it all, he's a proper centre forward.

Errr, jury out, especially on Big Jurg... and Andone is a nutter, which doesn't help! :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Want this one to go through... would be a great statement that we are (finally) addressing the 'Muzza is ageing (but brilliant)' issue...

In effect we have done that already with the signings of Locadia and Andone, neither are target men but strikers and, (hopefully), goalscorers nonetheless.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Errr, jury out, especially on Big Jurg... and Andone is a nutter, which doesn't help! :)

I don't know why the jury is out - what are they waiting for? His goals for us show what he's good at, you give him a chance in the box and bang, goal. As we all know, the team wasn't set up to get the best out of individuals last season and we rarely created chances for him. And when he did play, he was marooned out in a deep wide left position which is a comedic waste of his talent - finishing.

Would Ruud van Nistelrooy have been asked to play deep wide left? Never.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't know why the jury is out - what are they waiting for? His goals for us show what he's good at, you give him a chance in the box and bang, goal. As we all know, the team wasn't set up to get the best out of individuals last season and we rarely created chances for him. And when he did play, he was marooned out in a deep wide left position which is a comedic waste of his talent - finishing.

Would Ruud van Nistelrooy have been asked to play deep wide left? Never.

Or Ashley Barnes for that matter, regularly played out of position wide left by Gus, one move to Burnley later and he is banging in the goals from his natural position, centre forward.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Or Ashley Barnes for that matter, regularly played out of position wide left by Gus, one move to Burnley later and he is banging in the goals from his natural position, centre forward.

Dyche didn't start picking him as a CF regularly until last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But if we're going to play a more mobile centre forward.
Putting it like that I now really really want to see us sing a less mobile centre forward.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Putting it like that I now really really want to see us sing a less mobile centre forward.

mannequin_1.1517500513.jpg

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Does anyone actually think we will spend 20+ million on this lad?

Nope, but i'd like us to, i dont actually think we will sign a striker at all, i think Andone will be a far better player this season, you could see he was frustrated last season, tactics, Hughton, not enough starts, being substituted earlier than he would have liked when he did start, probably a bit of each.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nope, but i'd like us to, i dont actually think we will sign a striker at all, i think Andone will be a far better player this season, you could see he was frustrated last season, tactics, Hughton, not enough starts, being substituted earlier than he would have liked when he did start, probably a bit of each.

I'd be surprised if we sign a striker if I'm honest

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm not meaning to rain on this at all but looking at the YouTube montage of all his goals, aren't they all a bit... sh!t?

Almost all of them are bundled in off his knee, shin, bum, toe poke or a penalty. I don't expect all of them to be worldies but if we're expecting all of our goals to come from poor goalkeeping resulting in the ball falling conveniently at the striker's feet, we're in trouble. There aren't many Wayne Hendersons in the Premier League these days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO we will wait to see how Locadia and Andone who we have already bought do. Perhaps TB will go back on his views in January if they do not succeed, and look again if needed.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm not meaning to rain on this at all but looking at the YouTube montage of all his goals, aren't they all a bit... sh!t?

Almost all of them are bundled in off his knee, shin, bum, toe poke or a penalty. I don't expect all of them to be worldies but if we're expecting all of our goals to come from poor goalkeeping resulting in the ball falling conveniently at the striker's feet, we're in trouble. There aren't many Wayne Hendersons in the Premier League these days.

Goal poachers are worth their weight in gold.

Go and take a look at the show reels of Lineker, Solskjaer, Inzaghi, Klose and Michael Owen. It's about being in the right place at the right time that gets a player 20 goals a season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here