Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Agree. Just picked up a couple of tickets to see them in November just to re live my early days

Posted this on Saturday afternoon
"Chemical Brothers - saw them in 1997 at Brixton academy on the the dig your own hole tour and seen them many times throughout their career. Got tickets for the O2 in November and the new album is excellent.
Playing Glastonbury tonight... can’t wait, even if you’re not a big fan of electronic music the shows are always outstanding."

they never disappoint. The O2 is going to be incredible, Glastonbury set was amazing but the shows work even better indoors IMO

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Glastonbury highlight of 2019 still has to be Lewis Capaldi's stage entrance for his set. Great stuff :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Returning to the “it’s just like other festivals but bigger” post:

Nick Cave rocks up to perform with Kylie.
The Good, The Bad, The Queen perform with the welsh choir on their album.
IDLES and other bands having “moments” where they’re overwhelmed by the whole thing.
Killers perform with Johnny Marr and The Pet Shop Boys and have Jimmy Carr as a roady.
Chris Martin plays the piano for Stormzy.

I’m sure others can add additional things to this list. It clearly isn’t like most other festivals.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If Chris Martin turns up on the stage when The Cure are on, the TV is going in the river. :D

0727B86C-0EBC-4048-8AEE-426E396EB081.jpeg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nice to see Burwash resident Robert Smith although as a Burwash resident you probably need to go to Glastonbury to actually spot him.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Robert Smith was in the back of my brother's cab in Heathfield a couple of weeks ago.
Just thought I would throw that in as he starts his set.

It's quite a hot bed of rock royalty and political shenanigans. You've got Daltrey (very long term resident) and Smith, whilst a number of MPs were plotting a break away centre ground party down there.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's quite a hot bed of rock royalty and political shenanigans. You've got Daltrey (very long term resident) and Smith, whilst a number of MPs were plotting a break away centre ground party down there.

He had to pick up guests from a party held by Rag and bone man and has often picked up party goers from Daltreys gaff.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can't believe The Cure got to the third song in their set until Mrs BN9 piped up " What the hell does he look like? "
FFS:rolleyes: Apparently she was checking emails and hadn't noticed RS.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Have to say it's not my cup of tea but Jesus he sounds great and his voice is no different to all those years ago, actually enjoying it so far, no pissing about just get on stage and sing, just how I like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here