Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Does anyone on here use a DASHCAM ?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
If I got one I would want it to continuously record even after I've parked up. I have a 64GB micro SD card, so how many hours of action (or otherwise:)) would that record?

Depends on the camera resolution, and if you have a front facing or a front and rear camera, e.g. a single 1080p, 5 min video is approx 500Kb (includes GPS info), so a front and rear facing would generate 2 file segments of approx 1Mb, have you thought about the impact to the battery of having a camera recording continuously?

Last edited:

Depends on the camera resolution, and if you have a front facing or a front and rear camera, e.g. a single 1080p, 5 min video is approx 500Kb (includes GPS info), so a front and rear facing would generate 2 file segments of approx 1Mb, have you thought about the impact to the battery of having a camera recording continuously?
I haven't, because I presumed they ran off the cigarette lighter socket. I'm not thinking of recording 24/7, just that I'd like it to continue recording whilst I am parked when visiting places. I presume you mean KB and MB, which are 8 times larger than the values you quote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here