Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] "Insincere duplicitous *******s"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...surely the highlight of tonight's drama-documentary thing Theresa v Boris on BBC2.

Nicely put together, I thought and a good watch, particularly given that the Tory party might be about to go through it all again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the full line was: "We are not dealing with the public, but 321 Tory MPs who are insincere, duplicitous *******s"

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the full line was: "We are not dealing with the public, but 321 Tory MPs who are insincere, duplicitous *******s"

They can only dream of that number now.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I refused to believe that Boris Johnson played The Clash whilst cooking for Tory MPs, but have just found out that he picked 'Pressure Drop' on Desert Island Discs.

Its music that hates you Boris. Leave it alone. Cameron's already been told by Johnny Marr that he's not allowed to listen to The Smiths. If opera's not enough for you Tory MPs, you get SA&W, Gary Numan and Errol Brown and that's all you get.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I refused to believe that Boris Johnson played The Clash whilst cooking for Tory MPs, but have just found out that he picked 'Pressure Drop' on Desert Island Discs.

Its music that hates you Boris. Leave it alone. Cameron's already been told by Johnny Marr that he's not allowed to listen to The Smiths. If opera's not enough for you Tory MPs, you get SA&W, Gary Numan and Errol Brown and that's all you get.

**** me. That leaves me unsure whether to have one for the road or go to bed.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Thought the programme was a bit of a damning indictment for the state of British politics to be honest! No one came out of it well, especially Nicky Morgan!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thought the programme was a bit of a damning indictment for the state of British politics to be honest! No one came out of it well, especially Nicky Morgan!

Having gone through the last 6 weeks or so, I'm not sure I needed this programme to tell me that UK politics, across the spectrum, is in a piss poor state.

An interesting watch though I think, given the direct input of so many involved in it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'll catch up on this tomorrow. The reawakening of politics today is refreshing. Times they are a changing. Not that they ever did, I acknowledge.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
programme reminded me that Boris is more interested in the idea of being PM than actually doing it. when Gove failed him he realised he couldnt do it on his own, without a straight man, and bailed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well I am just past 54.08 in that TV Programme

And I deal with loads of TV Producers and Researchers of TV Programmes.

How convenient that the researchers and Producers have enough information to put together a 90 minute TV Programme ? Where did the info come from ?

Well Boris Johnson's team. They know a leadership Election is a possibility. What better way to do that than for to release enough information to make it sound like Boris was stabbed in the back. Poor little Boris

What a load of crap. This is his team releasing just enough information to make him sound like an assassinated Julius Cesar in readiness for when he makes his next attempt.

His team will analyse public response on social media to this TV programme and if it is positive for Boris then he will be after the job within weeks.

For me shame on the BBC for such a one sided programme. Must check who the Producer and Researcher were. Yes it was a nice insight to the goings on within the Conservative Party but for me the BBC have sold their souls for a scoup

Oh and for Boris it gets to kill off Michael Gove for any new leadership Battle

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How convenient that the researchers and Producers have enough information to put together a 90 minute TV Programme ? Where did the info come from ?

Well Boris Johnson's team. They know a leadership Election is a possibility. What better way to do that than for to release enough information to make it sound like Boris was stabbed in the back. Poor little Boris

What a load of crap. This is his team releasing just enough information to make him sound like an assassinated Julius Cesar in readiness for when he makes his next attempt.

there were no revelations in the programme, except maybe some depictions of how SPADs work.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well I am just past 54.08 in that TV Programme

And I deal with loads of TV Producers and Researchers of TV Programmes.

That's a strange conclusion. I thought exactly the reverse: it struck me that it had been put together with help from the May team to discredit Gove, who was made to look like a duplicitous little sod, and Johnson, who was made to look like a bumbling idiot.

The feeling is that BoJo would have a battle to get on to the final ballot, as he's not that popular with MPs, but once on it, his popularity with the members would get him in. IMO, this programme was designed to inform the members that this would be the wrong choice

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here