Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are We The Baddies?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Not saying it doesn't work, that wasn't my point at all. But that it is a widely played tactic to cede possession and hope for the best.

Goes back to the OP and his point that we are being perceived as the baddies ..... find me an analyst who is criticising Wolves tactics. They just have better players than us at hitting teams on the break. For CHAMPIONS, the stats on Leicester possession when they won the League were unbelievable. So it can work, it does work, but LOADS of teams are doing it,better teams than us, all the way up to Mourinho winning the title with Chelsea, parking the bus is a widely used tactic, but lately WE seem to be the only ones that are being pulled up on it.

I think that's the difference between us and Wolves though. Wolves are a counter attacking side because they have an attacking threat. We're just a defensive side. And that all comes down to the license given to their attacking players to transition quickly and directly. We don't do that in any way, shape or form. We get the ball back, we try to play around a press and work our way up the pitch slowly before getting the ball wide for a cross into... one player. It's so so different to what Wolves try and do (albeit they didn't do it very successfully against us!).

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Wolves also have two midfielders in Moutinho and Neves who can pick out their attackers streaming forward on the counter. I believe we have the right forward players (Andone in for Murray) to break with pace but we don't have the quality, barring Gross, who can find space and accurate balls out to them. The result is we lose possession and a third of our team is far up field.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here