Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] THFC Stadium

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully they sell enough neck oil for it to be considered at The Amex

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Meh. It’s been very average when I last had one, like a different beer now. Completely clear and tastes like a lager

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The pies and sausage rolls were from our very own Piglets Pantry.

I also spied Beavertown-battered tofu and chips on a concourse menu, which has to be the best veggie option I've seen in a ground anywhere. I didn't get a chance to try it though - any reports?

Sounds very nice.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They do this at most clubs in the league these days. Another trend we started

Not sure we can claim to have started stuff like that. The chap who started that (and 'thanks for travelling xx miles' posters) and the camping on the pitch thing, brought most of those ideas with him from Cardiff (Tom something?).

He's at Bristol Rovers now.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Not sure we can claim to have started stuff like that. The chap who started that (and 'thanks for travelling xx miles' posters) and the camping on the pitch thing, brought most of those ideas with him from Cardiff (Tom something?).

Gorringe. Fair enough i know they went big on making away fans welcome.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Indeed, although I also understand that many of those initiatives were taken from other sports/countries too.

(Not a criticism at all - it makes sense to copy things you have seen working elsewhere)

theboybilly

I quite agree. It might be impressive to look at and have some nice features, however it didn't do it for me. I've been to all the Premier League grounds and this one for me doesn't rank as one of the top ones in spite of it "elitist" guise.

Out of interest which grounds rank as 'top ones' for you?
I've not been overly impressed with many PL grounds to be honest. Spurs' ground is outstanding

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Lack of signage around the ground in general - woeful

There are much more important things here than the signage. Like the thoughtful design, the magnificent home end and the overall aesthetic? It's raised the bar in so many ways and is now easily the best stadium in the country. I just hope we're back there next season.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I presume that programme-sellers are a thing of the past for this modern stadium. Or is it that they just can't cope with contactless and are not allowed dirty cash.
Another one of the few grounds where programmes are only sold behind the same counters as the beer and pies - but not every counter as I painfully found out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I presume that programme-sellers are a thing of the past for this modern stadium. Or is it that they just can't cope with contactless and are not allowed dirty cash.
Another one of the few grounds where programmes are only sold behind the same counters as the beer and pies - but not every counter as I painfully found out.

We saw a programme booth outside the ground as we were making our way round to entrance 11, approaching from the Tottenham Hale direction.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Anyone else think the tier above us was really low, or had a much greater overhang than elsewhere? When they scored and their fans started hanging over the edge giving it large, they felt really close - looking forward to seeing how that pans out when West Ham/Arsenal are in town.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Was the “pie and a pint for a fiver” offer only for a limited period?

Thought the spacious toilets were impractical......... but didn’t see long queues

Poor/no signage to coach park and not a particularly pleasant walk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As has already pointed out, it’s a..

The only details I can find pertaining to the deal are

"Mergermarket reported that the deal would mimic its investment in south London brewery Brixton, which saw it take a 49% stake in the business to fund a move to a larger site. The brewery had researched other investment options, such as crowdfunding or private equity, but these were dismissed as “unsuitable.” Plant was at pains to reassure Beavertown’s loyal following that Heineken “do not want us to conform or change.” “They love what we do and want us to do more of it. “That support gives us the opportunity to maximise what we do best and support our partners and team along the way to achieve and grow together. “The only change will be the building of Beaverworld, hopefully with completion and beer flowing by late 2019.”"

Couldn't find any mention of a 100% deal in time, or is that just speculation?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thought the Stadium was fantastic as good as you could get really. Much better then the Emirates. The acoustics were very good and the large stand behind the goal look great. I would be very happy if I was a spurs fan, saying that I would not swap my seat in WSU for anywhere else, love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here