Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bit of a Helm's Deep before the orcs arrive feel to it.

Episode 3 should be epic, and plenty of character deaths no doubt.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good wasn't it - one of the best I've seen for a while. No big action scenes, but very well written with a lot of human interest stuff and tied up a few loose ends.
I read a Tweet which says "I feel like this episode only exists to make next week hurt more" which sums it up perfectly for me - we are now flawlessly set up for the epic that is to come next week, and we know they won't all make it out alive.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My prediction: the battle is won by the night king and the end of the penultimate episode is him sitting on the throne and him reverting back to who he was before the children of the forest turned him. The final episode shows us that man's story, why we should be pleased he has the throne, and the magical properties of the iron throne, perhaps a prophecy showing it was destiny and they all live happily ever after.

(and if this is really how it ends that would probaby be awful)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Grrr two episodes of scene setting, good though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never watched it. Is it a bit like Lord of the Rings with graphic violence and lots of gratuitous nudity? Convince me I ought to give it a try.
I didn't watch any of it for the first 4 series. I'm not interested in dungeons and dragons. But loads of people said it was good, so one night I decided to give it a try. Wow. It is the best multi TV series I've ever seen (multi being an important part of that, as there has been some great individual TV series, but not ones that keep going).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm expecting a battering on the castle gate and a voice shouting " I am Arthur, King of the Britons …. and I seek The Holy Grail "

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
How many will be killed off next week I’m going for 3 the hound davos and theon

I think The Hound is one of the safest because the writers know that CleganeBowl = guranteed viewing figures for the finale. Literally any of them COULD die, nobody has 100% plot armour and knowing GRRM's track record I wouldn't be surprised if we lost both Targaeryans. With the survivors rallying around Gendry as son of Robert Baratheon and defeating Cersei for the Iron Throne.

There are literally a million other ways this shit could go down.

Exciting stuff.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could well die in episode 3 :

(Lots of)
Ser Brienne
Jorah
Tormund
Dondarion
Davos
Gendry
Daenerys
Sansa
Tyrion
Podrick
Theon
2 dragons
Grey Worm

Possibly more plot to do :

The Hound
Bran
Jamie
Arya
Jon Snow
Varys
Samwell

Not there :

Euron
Bronn
Cersei

Last edited:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The whole hiding in a crypt full of dead bodies as a raiser of the dead is on his way might turn out to be a bit problematic.

As people have alluded to already, 2 episodes of setting things up which should mean for some real action next week. It's what good shows do though, provides some real meaning and depth to the action. Bit like Breaking Bad where nothing would really happen for like 5 episodes, but it really developed the characters to an extent that even small events were filled with meaning.

Can't wait.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How many will be killed off next week I’m going for 3 the hound davos and theon
Grey Worm is gone for sure. Davous and Theon, the weird Sansa love in sealed that for him in the last episode.

Pod will also be gone and well as the Big lady and the ginger viking.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Grey Worm is gone for sure. Davous and Theon, the weird Sansa love in sealed that for him in the last episode.

Pod will also be gone and well as the Big lady and the ginger viking.

I kinda think the opposite, I think Missandei is a goner and Worm survives to take her body/ashes back to Narth. Bit grim but its textbook GRRM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here