Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Idiot who threw the bottle (etc...)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Interesting observation there.

We were in the £45 seats near the front of Block 535. 33 of us, all season ticket holders. I recognised a fair few STHS from the Amex seating near us. There was no problems in our block whatsoever. Perhaps we were lucky? We are a mixed age group, so it was nice to sit and watch the game in comfort. We had a great view.

Did everyone in the expensive seats in the lower tier have to stand whether they wanted to or not?

We did witness some drunken stone island seagulls having a go at two city fans outside. No punches were thrown, the city fans kept walking, ignoring them. Stone Island boys walked away, happy that they had "Shown 'em".

Probably a bit unfair of me as there are a multitude of reasons why people would go for one ticket bracket over another, I think probably we just got lucky, and others were unlucky.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Another one of these morons behind me in the middle tier as well. Was asked to sit down which set him off on a 20 minute rant about supporting his team and singing fragments of slurred songs and generally arguing with everyone, including his mates. Then sulked for most of the game because he wasn't allowed to get behind the team. Interspersed with vile abuse of Knocky and basically showing anything but support.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Idiot who threw the bottle.

Another one of these morons behind me in the middle tier as well. Was asked to sit down which set him off on a 20 minute rant about supporting his team and singing fragments of slurred songs and generally arguing with everyone, including his mates. Then sulked for most of the game because he wasn't allowed to get behind the team. Interspersed with vile abuse of Knocky and basically showing anything but support.

You must have been near me, his comeback was....
“I’m supporting my team”
Fortunately, we were front row.

Complete pain in the arse.

Block - 230?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Did you look over to see his reaction when the MOM was announced? :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We were in £80 seats in block 125. Thought that would be good for Grandson and myself as I cannot stand for long periods. However, 4 adults 40 to 70 right in front of us stood up at most points in the game. We never saw the goal, the headbutt or Murray's near miss.

This makes me sad.

Unfortunately, you need to expect the worse and book in a front row - or in the family section. (Disappointingly, all up in the Gods).

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The idiot throwing the bottle should be traced, absolutely reckless behaviour which should not go unpunished.

The level of general mischief was certainly higher than normal, given the neutral ground and late KO I expect. Many would have been thrown out of the Amex for drinking, smoking in their seats for a start!

I was pleased not to be told to sit down however.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
We had 2 or 3 of the plastic flag sticks rain down in our area (131) from the tier above. I chose to assume that they had genuinely 'slipped' from the respective holders' grasp.

Probably not though - lots of dickheads sadly.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Don't blame you. When we did the "Stand up for the Albion" I wondered if it was just the upper stands as the lower were already standing?

There was one guy, after he'd been told to sit down by the stewards and made a point of continuing to stand for a good 5 minutes with the poor girl standing on the end of the line just staring at him, started trying to sing "stand up for the Albion". He got no reaction from those around him.

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
Bald bloke with seagulls badge painted on head Saturday...

Block 138

Standing in the aisle blocking people behind you then calling the older women who asked you to sit down C****. Swearing at loads of people, the woman he was with left him to it.Taken out by stewards but then let back in at half time. Thankfully for us he went to the back and thankfully for him I was with my family cos I would have knocked him out otherwise. Worst kind of bully and when I see you at the Amex we’ll be having words. I hate these “super fans” who think everyone is boring for sitting down just cos you’ve had a few beers to get you brave. I know there’s another thread about these type of people on Saturday but he’s a very lucky bloke.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Interesting observation there.

We were in the £45 seats near the front of Block 535. 33 of us, all season ticket holders. I recognised a fair few STHS from the Amex seating near us. There was no problems in our block whatsoever. Perhaps we were lucky? We are a mixed age group, so it was nice to sit and watch the game in comfort. We had a great view.

Was in 534 in the £45 and saw plenty of people I vaguely recognise as supporters, but not anyone I personally know. Everyone round us seemed to have a good time, worst we had was one bloke briefly shouting at Jahanbakhsh that he was shit, which I'd classify as pretty normal really. Generally very relaxed, and ended up having a nice talk with the bloke next to me about the game.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

I still can’t get my head round why people want to stand to watch matches - it doesn’t make them a better fan or give a better view. Whilst stadia are all seated, why can’t people respect those wanting or needing to sit? Absolutely selfish. If people stand, kids can’t see, and older people who can’t stand for long periods won’t see either. If people want to stand they need to pester the FA to reintroduce standing areas. Until then, it would be nice if they respected the rules.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Couple of idiots a few rows behind us, one starting gobbing off about paying his money so could say what he wanted. Not sure who he was directing it at but him and about 4 guys sat around him never appeared for the second half so I don't know if more words were had at half time.

Did anyone else see the city fan get a right old smack outside entrance J? Looked pretty nasty and I’m not even sure If he got up

No but it would explain why two coppers on the walk down to the station were asking a steward the best way to get to entrance J/K. I mean it's not difficult is it. The stadium is straight ahead of you so I'd start there.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I still can’t get my head round why people want to stand to watch matches - it doesn’t make them a better fan or give a better view. Whilst stadia are all seated, why can’t people respect those wanting or needing to sit? Absolutely selfish. If people stand, kids can’t see, and older people who can’t stand for long periods won’t see either. If people want to stand they need to pester the FA to reintroduce standing areas. Until then, it would be nice if they respected the rules.

I think people are giving that a pretty good go though.

Why do people want to stand? Because it makes singing easier, it's easier to talk to the people around you and for many people, there's quite a bit of restless energy when watching your team play football.

Home games aren't a problem as (whilst it's officially against the law), clubs can just have stands which stand and those which sit, and the majority of people can find their way into the correct stand. At away games I would imagine the majority are those that want to stand, however think the problem has mostly resolved itself now that the club allows fans to choose seats. An occasion like this was always going to be a bit of an anomaly, and it's a shame that people couldn't act a little more socially aware. I suppose the club have to be very careful as to how they allow Wembley tickets to be marketed, although perhaps something subtle along the lines of "the lower tier is where we expect the majority of our singing fans to go" might have given people more of an indication.

Just to be clear - you won't find me standing up if it's anti-social. We were hoping that people in front of us would stand on Saturday (giving us the excuse to), but they didn't, so we sat down without anyone having to ask.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
We also had our own idiot. Some bloke went out to the concourse, then came back almost immediately. He shouted across us over to his friends, didn't quite understand it, but sounded like he'd gone out without something that his friend had instead. Went along the lines of 'you've mugged me right off blah blah'. The friend called backed timidly 'ok, I'm sorry, I'm sorry' in a very apologetic/I'm sh1t scared of him way. Sounded like a bully/friend relationship. My mate next to me said that before this incident, he'd been acting like an anus previously.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

To be fair there are not many grounds in the country where away fans are able to sit down. I'm not that tall but find it physically impossible to sit at some grounds while many others it is uncomfortable to sit for more than 10 minutes. I think Old Trafford was the worst, at half time I had to sit almost sideways in my seat as there was nowhere for my knees to go. What would you suggest I do ???

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My day was completely ruined by one idiot.

I was so excited about the day. I'd got up especially early to paint a club crest on my head which took me ages.

Unfortunately I had an idiot near me in block 138 spill a whole drink on my lap so I stood in the aisle for a second as to not drip on anyone. Some old woman started shouting at me to sit down so I said "I CANT". She thought I swore at her and went mad. My wife was so upset that she left me to watch alone. In the end I went to the back of the stand as some guy kept starting at me and I had the feeling that, if his family hadn't been there, he would have knocked me out. He is the worst kind of bully. I will be having words with him at the Amex if I see him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here