Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You’d be far more productive taking your unwanted food items to a food bank, people are really struggling out there....

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do. In fact I distribute the “Fare Share” produce. Next stupid argument? ....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And a PM may resign, and the party put up who ever they like as PM, MP's may leave the party they stood for at election and join any other, most people voted for a party other than the Tories, yet they are in Government, in our system, in the 2015 election the SNP had 56 seats with a popular vote of 4.7%, whilst the Lib Dems had 8 seats with 7.9% of the popular vote,

And we will have a vote to remove or elect the government, therefore, any new PM at the next GE. Any MP's who defect to other groups will also have to face the electorate. The UK could elect and send 100% blue or red party MEP's to Brussels and they could still be in the minority 100% of the time … every electoral system has flaws and discrepancies.

Bullshit, it is completely within the Governments power to train, and retain UK nurses, but they get it wrong.*https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a8191546.html*After training and loading up with debt, many UK nurses head for Australia or Canada where wages are much higher and conditions better.

Bullshit, the UK government are hardly likely to prioritise enough training, funding and paying Uk citizens more while there is a ready supply of cheaper ready trained staff we can ship in from the EU and elsewhere. (Your link is a good example) .Just like many companies across the UK have little incentive to invest time and money in training up or paying UK citizens higher wages while there is an endless supply of cheap labour they can get from Europe.

Your link included this at the bottom of the page (snip)

Yes I know I have read it before

The Veto's are an issue for people like me who would like to see progression towards a Federal Europe, but for you to be against Nations having Veto powers is bizarre, they can't be used to change anything, only to prevent change.

Vetoes give us the power to block policies we don't like in some areas and they also allow other nations to block what we consider to be in our national interest transgressing on national sovereignty in both cases. I am a fan of increased sovereignty as you may remember. But my point was more about the increasingly unsavoury nature of many of those governments who you would like to integrate more with. Five Star Movement and right-wing League - coalition government in Italy, Freedom party in coalition government in Austria, the delightful Prime Minister Viktor Orban in Hungary, Law and Justice party government – Poland not forgetting the numerous other extreme parties gaining support across Europe. Juncker, Merkel and Macron (and you) all seem to think more centralisation/federalism is the answer which beggars belief.

A big mistake was made, by both Greece and the EU, unfortunately it is Greece that bears the brunt of the error, but one argument of Brexiters was that by leaving we would avoid being asked to chip in to help Greece and others having issues, leaving does not help Greece, it is not a valid reason for leaving.

Agreed both were too blame. Leaving does remove us from the club that ignored the democratic voice of the Greek people insisting on inflicting huge misery and suffering which gets us back to the principle of having the power to vote out those that make decisions over us #notinmyname

David Davis resigned over the deal he negotiated, standing by your principles is great if you have decent principles, Boris Johnsons principles are "do what is best for me". Which remain supporting MP has suggsted we ignore the referendum result and just remain?

Not quite ...

Dear Prime Minister,

As you know there have been a significant number of occasions in the last year or so on which I have disagreed with the Number 10 policy line, ranging from accepting the Commission's sequencing of negotiations through to the language on Northern Ireland in the December Joint Report.

At each stage I have accepted collective responsibility because it is part of my task to find workable compromises, and because I considered it was still possible to deliver on the mandate of the referendum, and on our manifesto commitment to leave the Customs Union and the Single Market.

I am afraid that I think the current trend of policy and tactics is making that look less and less likely.

Whether it is the progressive dilution of what I thought was a firm Chequers agreement in February on right to diverge, or the unnecessary delays of the start of the White Paper, or the presentation of a backstop proposal that omitted the strict conditions that I requested and believed that we had agreed, the general direction of policy will leave us in at best a weak negotiating position, and possibly an inescapable one.

The Cabinet decision on Friday crystallised this problem.

In my view the inevitable consequence of the proposed policies will be to make the supposed control by Parliament illusory rather than real.

As I said at Cabinet, the "common rule book" policy hands control of large swathes of our economy to the EU and is certainly not returning control of our laws in any real sense.

I am also unpersuaded that our negotiating approach will not just lead to further demands for concessions.

Of course this is a complex area of judgement and it is possible that you are right and I am wrong.

However, even in that event it seems to me that the national interest requires a Secretary of State in my Department that is an enthusiastic believer in your approach, and not merely a reluctant conscript.

While I have been grateful to you for the opportunity to serve, it is with great regret that I tender my resignation from the Cabinet with immediate effect.

Yours ever, David Davis.

Fair point on Boris though.

See the Liberal 'Democrats' for starters

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I in no way support Grayling - the guy is a complete idiot - but I think it's a bit unfair to suggest his failings in the probation service cost £33Bn !!!

I did read that was the cost of the roll out but I agree it's a bit over the top and it's only £500,000,000

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
[tweet]1101400998621388800[/tweet]

I didn't believe this tweet.
But it turns out, I should have done.

https://www.marchtoleave.com/route

Looking at the routing, it appears like most things Brexit, it hasn't been thought out too well. The route will pass the only access road into the Hartlepool Nuclear Power Plant. I'm sure the police will be happy at the idea of emergency access being impeded. It's also been routed across the Middlesbrough Transporter Bridge. Anyone familiar with this contraption will know the potential problem there. For those who aren't, see below. It would come as no surprise if Farage has never been to Middlesbrough in his life. He'll encounter a logistical surprise soon.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I surprised there isn't a 28 door BREXIT calendar for March with little doors we can open.

March 1st

A £350 million note with Florence Nightingale on it.

larus

I surprised there isn't a 28 door BREXIT calendar for March with little doors we can open.

March 1st

A £350 million note with Florence Nightingale on it.

I guess there should have been one created for after we voted to leave then. After all, we were promised that if we voted to leave (not when we left), that there would be:
1 a £30bln emergency budget.
2 interest rate rises
3 an increase in the rate of unemployment
4 a recession
5 a drop in house prices

Well, that all turned out to be so true eh! NOT

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I guess there should have been one created for after we voted to leave then. After all, we were promised that if we voted to leave (not when we left), that there would be:
2 interest rate rises
4 a recession
5 a drop in house prices

When was Article 50 going to be invoked for all the wicked, bad, horrid things to happen above though larus, sweetiepops? Was it June 24th 2016 as that nice, old Etonion David Cameron said, or was it on March 29th 2017?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm sorry I can no longer reply to you.

Throughout palletgate you refused to answer the simplest of questions:-

All pallets sent to the EU are currently EU compliant.
How will the UK still manage 43% of it's national exports, if in 28 days time a decent proportion of the pallets products are exported on will no longer be allowed into the EU, as there isn't enough surplus to make up that shortfall?

Instead you obfuscated, deflected and whataboutaried.

As can be seen by your reply to proof that the EU referendum wasn't the biggest democratic exercise ever.

I don't want to become as jaded as others on here, from all sides, who have turned this thread into a toddlers playpark (which is quite enjoyable).

I'm sure we'll bump into each other on happier threads.

Oh dear,how sad,never mind.If you were a logistics manager in a non-governmental organisation (other than Sainsburys East Sussex LM,or perhaps just Hastings area),you would be aware of the amounts of freight coming from the EU.Assuming they still want to sell their tat in Great Britain,customers specify EU compliant packaging for their deliveries.Voila!An instant surplus of EU compliant packaging.Simples,after all,businesses aren't run by the Civil Service,they are run by people with a brain.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Oh dear,how sad,never mind.If you were a logistics manager in a non-governmental organisation (other than Sainsburys East Sussex LM,or perhaps just Hastings area),you would be aware of the amounts of freight coming from the EU.Assuming they still want to sell their tat in Great Britain,customers specify EU compliant packaging for their deliveries.Voila!An instant surplus of EU compliant packaging.Simples,after all,businesses aren't run by the Civil Service,they are run by people with a brain.

Did you go to the game today old boy?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I for one shall turn out to support the marchers. My only worry is that the supermarkets will have run out of eggs. Might be a few old cabbages left I suppose.

Unless the old cabbages are on a people's vote march.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Did you go to the game today old boy?

No.I'm nursing a wife with a broken leg and DVT,but hope you enjoyed Florin's goal (although I do hate players wearing gloves.)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
2 interest rate rises
4 a recession
5 a drop in house prices

Yeah, I'm guessing as we haven't had the pudding yet the proof is not there. Any stats, good or bad, are pretty irrelevant at the moment. Although the housing market has stagnated and economic growth is slowing. But again, that may not be a pointer.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No.I'm nursing a wife with a broken leg and DVT,but hope you enjoyed Florin's goal (although I do hate players wearing gloves.)

Oh I did.:thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear that though and I hope Mrs TP is back up and about and well soon.

See - You and me TP - we might not agree on Brexit - we're still civil though. :thumbsup:

(If you want to call me a **** though - feel free I'm from Hastings I can take it.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh I did.:thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear that though and I hope Mrs TP is back up and about and well soon.

See - You and me TP - we might not agree on Brexit - we're still civil though. :thumbsup:

(If you want to call me a **** though - feel free I'm from Hastings I can take it.)

Cheers for that,we're all Albion at the end of the day.Perhaps you could relieve me on commode-emptying duties?:eek:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Cheers for that,we're all Albion at the end of the day.Perhaps you could relieve me on commode-emptying duties?:eek:

As I say old boy, you and I are polar opposites on Brexit, so we might as well not bother going there, but we've always been polite/civil to each other on this thread despite that, as far as I can remember.

(You're ex forces, I'm from Hastings - I could destroy you through alcohol consumption like nothing in HM Armed Forces ever did for you though - :lolol: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here