Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One of our own?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Solly already has a song. Our team is Brighton & Hove Albion, and only Dunk comes from Brighton. It isn't Brighton, Hove and Hailsham Albion.
Actually Solly was born in Eastbourne.

And AFAIK, it's not brighton hove and hurstpierpoint Albion :wink:

I think that a case that nobody north of the old Shoreham road could be made. (Not that I would agree of course).

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And AFAIK, it's not brighton hove and hurstpierpoint Albion :wink:

I think that a case that nobody north of the old Shoreham road could be made. (Not that I would agree of course).

He came from Coldean, so that counts.

Solly has been in the team for 6 years & already has a song. You won't get the singers to change it now.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
His sister isn't as she goes to the Amex. I was talking to her on the train a couple of years ago.

My boy personalised some gift for his mum and aunty about 2-3 years ago, he had allot of banter with them and said they were very nice BUT all palarse fans

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
“ he’s one of our own “.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Now much as I love Lewis song he's one of our own, isn't the fact of the matter that we have two of our own?

For a number of reasons that I won't go into, I'm not a great fan of heathfield, but doesn't the fact remain that we have two of our own?

Or do the words not fit?

The chant is - "he's one of our own". It is not - "he is the one and only", which would be sung to the music of Chesney Hawkes.

The song is about a specific person and "he's one of our own" is implying he is one of many, not the singular.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
My boy personalised some gift for his mum and aunty about 2-3 years ago, he had allot of banter with them and said they were very nice BUT all palarse fans

I thought Dunk was brought up a Chelsea fan. I don't consider that to be any better.

But they're both one of our own in my book. Just Solly has a different song.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They both have a song. What's the problem? :shrug:

Since when have football songs/chants been completely accurate, anyway?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
All is not true. His sister certainly isn't.

Then two random strangers withe surname March spotted my sons Albion calender, then claimed to state they were family members and talk about Brighton Solly and their support of Palarse ..... I dont think these two women were on a wind up

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They both have a song. What's the problem? :shrug:

Since when have football songs/chants been completely accurate, anyway?

Note the "Maty Ryan is a blue, he hates Palace" song. Does he hate Palace? I'm not certain we've not made that decision for him.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Then two random strangers withe surname March spotted my sons Albion calender, then claimed to state they were family members and talk about Brighton Solly and their support of Palarse ..... I dont think these two women were on a wind up

Two people don't make up a whole family and you said ALL his family were Palace fans.

Besides, knowing some Palace fans, I think they were.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here