Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] East lower and north...

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
It’s unbelievable how people leave early instead of not going at all and making a half ars*d attempt to catch the second half in a bar with geordies.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It’s exactly the same in the West Stand. Why single out the East Lower and North?
Probably because the tv cameras didn't show the West stand?

This thread is a bit sad and pointless. There are hundreds of reasons fans leave early - all of them valid to the leavers at the time. What REALLY matters is what happens ON the pitch, not who was there.

Let it go, Sheebo FFS!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who needs Palace fans on here trolling when you have your own fans like [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

To be fair to [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] he's normally one of the good guys. He'll be disappointed with himself this morning. Too much sun and sangria. We've all been there. Even me :blush:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Say an OP who get's the coach to the game.
Just becos you have to stay doesn't mean all have the same option.

In the Goldstone days my mum took 4 kids on her own to the match's.
If we did not leave on 85 mins we would not get the connection home and have to wait an hour for the next train.
Did not bother me as I was just grateful to go and see 85 mins rather than nothing.
All ways remember this when I see people going.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m East stand lower, and I stayed to clap Knocky back to his feet after the final whistle after he’d given absolutely everything for the stripes again. I might leave if I felt the team hadn’t tried, but that hasnt happened in a very long time.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Watching MoTD I looked closely at the Cardiff crowd.

At 4-0 down, on 67 minutes, there were empty seats everywhere. Huge blocks of them.

And before you say "aah, but what if they were empty from the start as the tickets didn't sell" - the ground capacity is 33,280, and the *cough* official attendance was 32,321.

As has been said umpteen times, people have reasons to leave early. This annoys the crap out of "hard core" fans who would watch the team standing in a tank full of Piranhas, but many people are just football fans wanting to see a Prem game. They don't sing, they don't shout, they don't get animated - and they leave early.

This happens at every Premier League ground in the country. Fact.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
if getting our 30k attendance means a third leave early then so be it. The ground would look even poorer if there were only 20k in there from the start. Not everyone can base their lives around football and if the difference is seeing nothing or 80 mins then the 80 mins has to be the choice.

P.S. I clapped the team off, got kicked out of WSU when it closed then ditto for the NS....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] is a decent Albion fan and a nice bloke.

It's just words on a screen about early leavers, hardly trolling

The string of PMs I received in the early hours offering a meet up to settle things and if I am the ‘peado looking bloke who tried it on with a NSC user’ (very odd) takes it a bit beyond words on a screen. NSC and inability to take alcohol are a bad mix. The bloke will be feeling shame when he looks back on this today as he’s made a proper tit of himself.

https://i.giphy.com/media/suIliiM0PuSoo/giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair to [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] he's normally one of the good guys. He'll be disappointed with himself this morning. Too much sun and sangria. We've all been there. Even me :blush:

Yes apologies - I was hammered and a bit too aggressive. What I should have said was it was disappointing to see so many empty seats. Probably count on one hand the home games I’ve missed in the last 10 years so the on holiday / only watching 2nd half things pissed me off as it is a personal situation that I don’t wish to put on nsc. As I say, apologies, I was silly. I have apologised to Dan, but will add he started the insults by calling me a moron and got personal by saying something about a shirt on a 15 year old boy, so duely got some back. And it turns out he wasn’t the bloke I was thinking of who looks like a sex offender :lol: There was also no offer to meet up to ‘settle things’, I think that’s been misinterpreted, but never mind.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes apologies - I was hammered and a bit too aggressive. What I should have said was it was disappointing to see so many empty seats. Probably count on one hand the home games I’ve missed in the last 10 years so the on holiday / only watching 2nd half things pissed me off as it is a personal situation that I don’t wish to put on nsc. As I say, apologies, I was silly. I have apologised to Dan, but will add he started the insults by calling me a moron and got personal by saying something about a shirt on a 15 year old boy, so duely got some back. And it turns out he wasn’t the bloke I was thinking of who looks like a sex offender :lol: There was also no offer to meet up to ‘settle things’, I think that’s been misinterpreted, but never mind.

Don't worry about it mate. Like I say, we've all been there. Things get messy sometimes. It's when folks such as yourself STOP caring about the Albion that the rest of us should start to worry. Enjoy the rest of your holiday :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching MoTD I looked closely at the Cardiff crowd.

At 4-0 down, on 67 minutes, there were empty seats everywhere. Huge blocks of them.

And before you say "aah, but what if they were empty from the start as the tickets didn't sell" - the ground capacity is 33,280, and the *cough* official attendance was 32,321.

As has been said umpteen times, people have reasons to leave early. This annoys the crap out of "hard core" fans who would watch the team standing in a tank full of Piranhas, but many people are just football fans wanting to see a Prem game. They don't sing, they don't shout, they don't get animated - and they leave early.

This happens at every Premier League ground in the country. Fact.

The vast numbers leaving early has been a feature of the Amex years, right from the beginning (except Wigan - Easter 2017).

People might disagree, but I put it down to the isolated out of town site with the various modes of transport all giving long queues as 30,000 people depart. Leaving on say 88 minutes versus full time can mean getting home the best part of an hour earlier on the park'n'rides for example.

Everyone's different. Some like to make a big afternoon of it all and drink with mates afterwards, whilst others aren't into the whole football experience that much.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes. Anymore patronising questions? I’m well aware of early leavers (or twats) as I call them at football but **** there was thousands - poor show on tv. Poor.

You're a tool for going on holiday in the footie season, shit fan.

Have replied to your PM.

X

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The string of PMs I received in the early hours offering a meet up to settle things and if I am the ‘peado looking bloke who tried it on with a NSC user’ (very odd) takes it a bit beyond words on a screen. NSC and inability to take alcohol are a bad mix. The bloke will be feeling shame when he looks back on this today as he’s made a proper tit of himself.

https://i.giphy.com/media/suIliiM0PuSoo/giphy.gif

I can't say I agree with him giving you abuse, it's not really called for, I know it's not an excuse but he must have been hammered.

My point in the post you have quoted still stands, I've known him a while now and he is someone I like.
He's not someone I have seen being abusive at Albion matches, and haven't noticed him on here mouthing off before.

I can't say I agree with him giving you abuse, it's not really called for, I know it's not an excuse but he must have been hammered.

My point in the post you have quoted still stands, I've known him a while now and he is someone I like.
He's not someone I have seen being abusive at Albion matches, and haven't noticed him on here mouthing off before.

Not sure that counts for much to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here