Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So our office is on a full on sustainability/environmental drive atm.

There are four sets of three bins on each floor. One for coffee cup detritus, one for recycling and the other for general.

It turns out that 90% of the recycling has been going to landfill because people are idiots and can’t fathom recycling items from not so now our recycling is limited to cans/newspapers only... and our landfill waist has gone up fourfold. What a bunch of selfish twonks most people are.

Yeah, we have a similar thing in our kitchen, bins for recycling, compost and "garbage". People are completely useless at putting things in the right bins for recycling and garbage. Part of the problem is them not get emptied often enough so you get people dropping things into whichever bin isn't full. The compost one is usually ok because you actually have to lift a lid to open it, so people tend to only do that if they actually have food waste to put in.

One thing which has really annoyed me is the introduction of disposable coffee cups. There's a cupboard full of mugs, which have perhaps seen better days. Instead of just nipping to Ikea and spending $50 on a load of new mugs they decided they'd continuously buy paper cups and create more landfill. There's no only a handful of us which still use proper mugs (an Albion one, obviously) and everyone else seems to want that genuine Starbucks experience.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
One thing which has really annoyed me is the introduction of disposable coffee cups. There's a cupboard full of mugs, which have perhaps seen better days. Instead of just nipping to Ikea and spending $50 on a load of new mugs they decided they'd continuously buy paper cups and create more landfill. There's no only a handful of us which still use proper mugs (an Albion one, obviously) and everyone else seems to want that genuine Starbucks experience.

We did the reverse and banned disposable cups in our fresh grind vending machines when we moved to our new building last summer.

An entire team of dullards took offence to having to have to wash up their own ceramic mugs and so ordered 1,000 disposable paper cups from Amazon and proudly and loudly started using them instead.

We’re an office of 350 and they’re a team of 8 and now universally disliked by everyone else for not getting on board with the spirit of the cause.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We did the reverse and banned disposable cups in our fresh grind vending machines when we moved to our new building last summer.

An entire team of dullards took offence to having to have to wash up their own ceramic mugs and so ordered 1,000 disposable paper cups from Amazon and proudly and loudly started using them instead.

We’re an office of 350 and they’re a team of 8 and now universally disliked by everyone else for not getting on board with the spirit of the cause.

Few things annoy me more than lazy/selfish people like that.

We even have a dishwasher in our kitchen. So if you're too lazy to wash up your own mug you can just pop it in the dishwasher and grab another one from the cupboard.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not bell cheese related, but someone in my office clearly needed the offside rule explaining

Offside.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was it Glenn Murray?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ooh, there's a guy in my office who wears DOUBLE holsters, one on each side. I assume one is his work phone and the other is his personal phone. I'm tempted to challenge him to a duel.

And it's taken 3874 posts in this thread before you brought this up ? Shame on you. Double phone holster is prime bell-cheesery.

Update on DOUBLE PHONE HOLSTER guy. He has recently developed a limp. I'm guessing he finally fulfilled his dream of a duel and just wasn't quick enough on the draw.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, I had to stick my headphones on and listen to pink noise this afternoon as people in the office today started talking about the ...

... department Christmas do!

It's bloody MAY!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One of my friends from the UK had got a job at a legal office in New York. She was a bit concerned that some of her more eccentric ways might earmark her as a bell cheese, she said having been there a few weeks and seen the behaviour of her colleagues she realised she would fit right in!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Meeting this morning. Chair of meeting at end;

"Thanks for all your inputs to this session. We'll be surfacing these during the next session to check progress."

It seems "surface" is the new word for "discuss". When did "discuss" stop being a perfectly useful word describing talking about stuff?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

"Thanks for all your inputs to this session. We'll be surfacing these during the next session to check progress."

It seems "surface" is the new word for "discuss". When did "discuss" stop being a perfectly useful word describing talking about stuff?

I've noticed that "call out" has replaced "mention".

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Why not “we’ll review progress at the next meeting”

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've noticed that "call out" has replaced "mention".

Similarly, I've noticed that "reach out" seems to have replaced "ask". If I EVER use this expression, either verbally or written, then the recipient shall have my full permission to set fire to my face.

While I'm on. This morning, over the phone, I had to talk someone in Germany through a crushingly dull revised report on Excel. It was quite literally like trying to explain the concept of gravity to a chicken.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Similarly, I've noticed that "reach out" seems to have replaced "ask". If I EVER use this expression, either verbally or written, then the recipient shall have my full permission to set fire to my face.

While I'm on. This morning, over the phone, I had to talk someone in Germany through a crushingly dull revised report on Excel. It was quite literally like trying to explain the concept of gravity to a chicken.

I think you mean Hahnchen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here