Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What changes would you like to see at the AMEX, when we return in August?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I would like to see a more fitting replacement for the 'Heritage Stones' that were bought by avid Albion fans for £100 prior to the stadium opening and that were meant to be a part of the fabric of the stadium.

Someone at the club originally thought it a great idea to stick them in the road outside of the West Stand entrance where the heavy foot-fall of pedestrians and vehicles damaged the surface and inscriptions.

These Heritage Stones have now completely vanished having been covered by tarmac and the Seagull logo. When asked about this the club said it's ok, we've put a black plaque on the wall near the memorial area, well thanks but it's not what we payed for and we weren't asked or informed about it at the time.

Recently visited the Emirates Stadium to watch Albion v Arsenal, they have a great area outside the stadium where fans have obviously bought, designed and displayed their own personal dedication plaques, such a fantastic way to get the fans invested in more than just the team.

Secondly, sort out that eyesore of a bandstand and the surrounding area, it's a good idea but please commit to it. Obviously the stand needs a roof for starters, the surrounding outlets for food and drink look like afterthoughts, dumped there with no imagination, please sort it so the fans can enjoy the area more than they do so now, more seating as has already been mentioned.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
One way or another the service needs to be more efficient and direct..

Am I reading this incorrectly?

So if you want a pie, a pint and a soft drink you need to queue 3 times?

Outside areas, mural are great ideas. Surely a massive Seagull over the ground?

Love to see the NS bigger but don't think it's feasible.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Great shout with the outside toilets. By the time we get to the Amex, we are in need of a leak so we go straight in to the ground.

But we would all like to visit the Harveys bar, thereby putting our money where it should be going. Outside toilets and we would probably get to the ground at 2pm rather than straight in, a Jimmy and straight to our seats.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Ridiculous bottle top ban needs lifting

Fans could easily get the bottle top and flask ban lifted. Just push the environmental angle- fans wanting to minimise plastic use and bring their own reusable bottles / flasks. Bring a few banners to the games- would get picked up in the media, and would expose the club for their cynical money grabbing ways. they would soon overturn their stance; they wouldn't be able to cope with the bad P.R. At the moment they are making more money in the stadium and they can't see the negative consequences- you have to 'help' them see- that's all.

It's not a health and safety issue, they just saw an angle to block people bringing their own drinks in to the stadium and took it in an attempt to force more people to hand over money inside the stadium. They would block food being bought into the stadium if they could find an angle to do it that they thought they could get away with.

I think people pay enough for tickets to get in, if they want to bring a drink in to the stadium, or a sandwich etc. that should all be fine- they should have some respect for fans rather than being obsessed with fleecing them. Just creates bad vibes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fans could easily get the bottle top and flask ban lifted. Just push the environmental angle- fans wanting to minimise plastic use and bring their own reusable bottles / flasks. Bring a few banners to the games- would get picked up in the media, and would expose the club for their cynical money grabbing ways. they would soon overturn their stance; they wouldn't be able to cope with the bad P.R.

You must be joking. Football is one of the few remaining sectors that has little interest in environmental issues.

This is the industry that wants supporters of two London-based teams to fly 1500 miles to watch their two teams to play each other - imagine the carbon footprint on that. This is the industry that regularly organises matches aimed at making it near impossible for fans to use public transport to get to and from games. This is the industry that serves all food and drink at its stadiums in plastic or styrofoam containers, nothing returnable or reusable.

Football authorities/clubs are not the slightest bit worried about bad PR on environmental issues

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
You must be joking. Football is one of the few remaining sectors that has little interest in environmental issues.

This is the industry that wants supporters of two London-based teams to fly 1500 miles to watch their two teams to play each other - imagine the carbon footprint on that. This is the industry that regularly organises matches aimed at making it near impossible for fans to use public transport to get to and from games. This is the industry that serves all food and drink at its stadiums in plastic or styrofoam containers, nothing returnable or reusable.

Football authorities/clubs are not the slightest bit worried about bad PR on environmental issues

Plastic is a hot issue at the moment- If some pressure / negative PR was applied, it would get picked up in the press, and I think you would find that the club- at that point- would bottle it.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Not in the Amex, but...
When Lewes bound passengers come off the ramps, through the gate and file up the platform, the wooden flank of station narrows the platform width by 50%. You always get people standing there too, so when we're encouraged to move along it thins down to just a single file. Potentially dangerous and unnecessary for a simple adjustment (I await for news that it's protected building..!)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm with the 'expanding the North' bit, I wonder if it might happen?

Section tells you most of what you need to know.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 11.34.05.png

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes, the outside area in front of the club shop could be better than it is. There is an opportunity to really make it part of the football day out and have a fan park feel. If there was a better range of food outlets, music was on more often, there could be a big screen up showing the lunchtime game and yes there were toilets there, people would come much earlier, spend their money so it benefited the club and it would improve the transport to the ground.

I get the argument against, that it if pisses down all the money putting stuff on is effectively gone. My guess is that over the course of the season it would pay for itself.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
A new Ritchie Reynolds who doesn't mumble so we have some chance of hearing what's being said at HT.

Some outside toilet facilities

Bottle tops

Sound system is appalling. Can't hear 3/4 of what's said in NW.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm with the 'expanding the North' bit, I wonder if it might happen?

But for what practical purpose, other than some sort of hugely expensive 'vanity' project to the detriment of squad building?

For all but a tiny handful of games it is always possible to get tickets right up until a day or so before. I agree that a more imposing North Stand would have been a great feature had it been designed-in from the outset but there is no point changing the stadium now. I reckon the capacity is about spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here