Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion players have you seen out doing their shopping and what was in their basket?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
In 1988 I served Neil Smillie in the Asda in Lower Earley, Reading. We had a good chat about his time at the Albion; he had very fond memories.

A few months later, I also served his missus - I knew it was her because the surnames matched, and then I saw she had his photo in her purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ian Chapman, Sainsburys, Lewes Road, Brighton, sometime in the 90s.

He was buying the cheesy snack things they have in America and a LOT of dog food.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was working Security in Virgin in 1999 when the whole team came in. They bought a lot of C.D's.

Edit : must have been 2000 as Zamora was with them and I believe he was on a three month loan to us at the time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everybody sees EXCITING players out shopping. I've only ever seen AARON bloody HUGHES (in Waitrose, Hove). Need to UP my game.

I can roughly match that;

Gary Dicker - Brighton Marina ASDA. He looked genuinely confused at being recognised.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can roughly match that;

Gary Dicker - Brighton Marina ASDA. He looked genuinely confused at being recognised.

No, you win by miles. I LOVE Gary Dicker, and would have been delighted to meet him. In a Pointless final round, asking about former Brighton players, Hughes would be a pointless answer, for sure.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, you win by miles. I LOVE Gary Dicker, and would have been delighted to meet him. In a Pointless final round, asking about former Brighton players, Hughes would be a pointless answer, for sure.

The Marina was a very good place for spotting Albion players a few years ago.

Calde would bring any new foreign lads (Brezovan, Battipiedi, Baz, Sandaza) there for a meal quite often.

Saw Kuszczak outside Costa, Western Road in Hove. Could tell it was him from behind due to him being massive, and the really wide face.

Also Kaz out in his big white Audi a few times. Slowing right down, then suddenly going really fast.

Maty Ryan in Churchill Square doing the Christmas shopping.

Think that's all of mine. Oh, and Glenn Murray, who lives next door to some friends of mine - has come over for dinner a few times apparently, as has Bruno. Never been there for that though, would be pretty incredible to just chill with Bruno and some tapas.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just checked their website and they don't show products. But next time I'm in (and I'm in there ALL THE TIME) I'll take a photo for you.

That’s very kind, thanks. But, err, wouldn’t it be easier to just take a look at the one in your back garden?

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Lewis Dunk buying nappies in Asda Hollingbury.

Glenn Murray in Sainsbury's New England Street just after he signed for Palarce. Gave him a stare as to him being a prick but we eventually found out it was Gus who was being the prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here